Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What bike should I get for my kid?




Ben


This morning I ran over my kids bicycle when I backed out of the driveway. I was thinking about getting him a walmart junk bike but I figured that maybe I should just go out and get him a good one instead. Are there any good aluminum framed BMX bikes for 7 year old kids? His destroyed bike is an 18" walmart Mongoose ship anchor.


Answer
Bike shops are usually the best place to get an entry level bike for any age. Sure the price will be more than a department store, but you will be getting a suitable vehicle as opposed to a disposable toy.

Childrenâs bikes are usually cheep and disposable no matter what. Some BMX companies (freestyle & race) have invested some money into making childrenâs bikes more reliable for performance. Childrenâs mountain bikes have come a long way as well. Expect these bikes to be more expensive than normal childrenâs bikes.

Take him to a bike shop and hook him up with whatever he likes that fits him. At 7 years old a bike is usually a bike. If you have money, buy it. If you donât find something in your price range at the bike shop, check out craigslist. Hook up with a few sellers that are selling something similar to the bike you found at the bike shop. Do some test riding, and low ball the best seller with cash.

If you donât know anything about bikes, take the craigslist bike back to the shop for a solid once over.

I hope this helped!

Is dating at my age considered wrong?







I'm 14 and alot of kids at my school don't date but I do. I'm Jw is dating at the age of 14 wrong or is it ok. Thanks:)


Answer
It's different from place to place, and time to time. When I was that age it was common for people to have boy- and girl-friends beginning around 12 but mostly 13 to 14, an age that overlaps 6th, 7th and 8th grades. "Dates" consisted of "group outings" although it was normal to get together with your paramour during the day at various places...going biking or to the mall together; that sort of thing.

In my small home town 9th grade was the first year of high school. Once in high school (usually at age 14) actual night-time dating began, but was more common at ages 16 plus. Transportation to any sort of dating activity (such as a movie or dance) required transportation in my rural community, and those too young for a driver's license were severely hampered by this reality.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment