Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bicycle sizes?




Elbert


I have a boy that's soon to be 8. He is an average sized kid and my wife and I are thinking about getting a bike for his birthday. The problem is, we don't know diddly about how to fit a bike for him. There isn't a bike store that we can go to for him to try one out and that would definitely spoil his birthday surprise! So how are bikes sized and which one would be ideal for his age? Thanks.


Answer
I would stick with a 20 inch bmx style bike.
That is highly recommended. An 8 year old son would probably put a lot of wear and tear on a bike. But, bmx bicycles are made to take a beating and can withstand a lot more than other types of bike. So, that should be ideal for him and, to make it even better, by having a stronger bike, (bmx) you save yourself from fixing many strenuous annoying repairs that without the right tools, can be pretty expensive to fix. (THIS IS MORE COMMON WITH BIKES THAT AREN'T BMX.)
When I was 8 years old, I had a 20 inch bmx bike. It fit me fine, and I was actually quite short at the time. I grew into it a little bit more, fit me perfectly and lasted me many years.

To save yourself from spoiling the surprise, you are frankly just way better off with a 20 inch. bmx bike.

I guarantee you that's the kind he would want. That's the kind of bike that's popular among the youth now a days. Plus, if for some odd reason he is un-capable of reaching the pedals, you can always simply adjust the height of the seat.

I recommend these 3 brands which you can find in practically any store that sells bikes. "Mongoose" very strong, been around for many years. "NEXT" very durable as well. And of course, "Schwinn".

I hope this helped you out on the selection of a bike for your son, a bicycle is a great gift.

How do you straighten a bicycle wheel? 20 inch kids bike.?




iceman2





Answer
If it has spokes - there is a small tool you can buy that twists a small nut type flange at the outer wheel side of the spokes tighten on the ones that you want to pull with and loosen the opposite ones (close by not on opposite side of wheel entirely) accordingly - it's not hard - you'll figure it out.

just be patient and thorough and you can get it very straight even as a beginner.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment