Monday, July 29, 2013

Would like to buy a beach cruiser style bike to ride around town with the kids.?

best quality kids bikes on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best quality kids bikes image



Otis


I would like a very lightweight frame because I am planning on pulling a trailer/stroller behind it with a two year old in it. I don't plan on going up steep grades but I am sure some slight ones will be on the routes. I have found one bike at Wal-Mart but I know I won't be getting the lightweight frame. It's the Schwinn Beach Cruiser. What would you suggest?


Answer
Otis

NO! It is absolutely the wrong bike for your needs! A cruiser is a heavy bike, designed for very short rides on flat ground. You need a multi gear bike, light weight, and able to meet the various terrains and road conditions that you may meet while towing a trailer!

Your best choice is a hybrid or cross bike. They will provide the upright sitting position, light frame, wider smooth road tires, and gearing that you need to meet your riding conditions. I would get a better quality of bike, the strains you will be placing on your new ride will quickly impact the cheap bikes from a retail store like walmart. Go to a proper bike shop or buy a used hybrid from Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, or Giant. BE SURE to know your frame size!

Soccerref

Do I really have to spend that kind of money on a bike?




Emmi


I decided to get a bike to commute to work. I live very close now (less than 2 miles) and would like to bike instead of walk. Doing some research leads me to believe that I have to spend about 300 to 400 dollars on a bike.
Any thoughts on that?
I would like a bike with some gears, but nothing fancy.
Thanks for the input.



Answer
Just like $150 basketball shoes don't make you able to slam dunk; a $1000 bike will not make you Lance Armstrong. There is a happy medium of bike quality and price. Walmart and Target don't have anyone that is skilled in bike assembly, just a high school kid that can kinda follow directions when he feels like it, when he's not too pissed off at his girlfriend. Try Performance bike, its a chain bike store that has qualified mechanics that put your bike together, they have much better bikes overall and yes you will spend more on a bike you will have something that will stay in adjustment. Remember you are trusting your life to the bike, brakes, steering etc are critical components, especially if you are going to bike to work a few days a week. Performance has lifetime tuneups on their bikes so you get the long term value compared to the discount store.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment