Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wanting to start cycling ?

best kids bike helmet review on Motorcycle Helmets For Kids | Best Motorcycle Helmet Reviews
best kids bike helmet review image



Bob Brown


I have just bought a giant, boulder 4 hybrid bike( if Anyones heard of it) for 400 bucks. It's a great ride but what ways can I modify it with new parts etc to make it an easier ride???


Answer
Bob,

Here are a few options to consider.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/kids/24-inch/â¦

http://www.norco.com/bikes/urban/hybrid/â¦

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/towâ¦

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/towâ¦

You might want to give it time. Ride the bike. Become familiar with the bike first and see how things feel and fit for your purposes. Purchasing add ons and what not are all good ideas, but riding reveals what is a good spend and what is not. Riding unveils riders needs and weaknesses this is invaluable to not wasting money thus truly enhancing the bike riding experiences. I for one, read about all of the things bike manufacturers intend for my dollar. I look at pictures and review components and accessories. I keep things in mind while I ride. For instance, riding at night is a good thing for my schedule. It gives me a few more hours to take in 2-3 miles before bed time. While riding I realized I need a light. While riding at night without helmet and light I realized I needed both and that they better be good because my life depends on both. I look at the different types of helmets and asked obvious questions to some on Y/A but I am evaluating what makes sense. I ask what helmet do you wear? Why wear a helmet? Has a particular helmet brand stood out to you, if so why? These questions from others inform me to make better decisions, based on my experience first, realizing the need for a helmet.

The same can be said for a bike light. Some bike lights are measured in candle power others lumens. Some lights are led, others halogen bulb and so forth. Do I get a 1 watt or 2 watt headlight? What is the price point that seems reasonable? More importantly, based on the fact that I may ride 3-5 miles at night do I need a $250 head light? Is a $38 headlight satisfactory? Only by riding at night realizing my path through a wooded area with some street lighting will inform me. And, the experience of others who have already put into good use what I might be considering. This is at least my process, I respectfully suggest that you develop one if you want to be serious minded about cycling, if not you will be chasing your tail at your own expense.

Best.

Need a travelling advise on Pangkor Island::HELP!!?




Joanna


Hi people!

I'm planning to go on a family vacation (2 adults & 2 kids aged 5 and 7) in Pangkor island next coming March. I did my own research (well, not so thoroughly though! ) and i need you personal reviews and recommendations on the following:

1) Is Pangkor Island beach resort aka Pan Pacific a nice resort to stay? how was the room and facilities? which type of room should i stay in? i dont mind spending but not to the extend to really splurge on all of my cash! :-) how about food over at this place?

2) is there any island tour or pangkor tour that i can book? any website link?

3) Do i need to produce any id to rent car over at this island?

4) is there any good clubs or bars in this island? where?

5) what should i do over this island..in consideration of having 2 kids along..?

6) again..should i stay in Pangkor Island beach or in Pangkor Laut Resort..again..considering the kids as well..will they be enjoying the place?

Thanks and really appreciate your reply



Answer
You might be provided with some informative website, but here are my own experience in Pangkor Island :

[1] Pangkor Island Resort [ PKR ] is a very nice place to stay and with its private beach, you will not see or mix with others non-resort visitors [ a little privacy ]. Of course seaview room is the best ! PKR do serve all kind of local and western food but you may wanted to try out the small eatery [ especially local delicacy and seafood ] whenever you are out on sight seeing, it would be many times cheaper than resort's food !

[2] Get PKR to arrange those island tour for you when you are there, advance booking not necessary !

[3] I don't think there is any car available for rent except those pink colour taxi [ van actually ], but you may wanted to try the motorbike if you know how to ride [ make sure you put-on your helmet ] which cost not more than RM35.00 for 24 hours rental !

[4] PKR do has its own club and bar, outside ......very few and small scale type and may not suit you !

[5] if you are not enjoying the sea [ swim/snorkeling ] , hire a taxi for island tour then the next day use bike to further explore the island on your own pace since you already know a little about the island by now !

[6] PKR is on Pangkor Island and Pangkor Laut Resort is on it own island hence much more privacy, no mixing around with local or outsider except resort's guest. PKR should be the better choice !

I have been to Pangkor Island many many times since my school day. As for PLR, there was my honeymoon paradise almost 20 years ago !

Happy holiday !

**You are welcome to email me if still have something to ask !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment