Monday, September 30, 2013

How do I teach my dog to stop being aggressive?

best value kids bikes on Hog Cartoon
best value kids bikes image



Elizabet


I was outside today with these little kids on their bikes, and every time they came close enough, he tried to attack each time. Each time I pulled him back, told him no, and told him to sit. Later, one of the little girls brought out a boy dog who's a boxer, they were playing, but then all of a sudden my dogs attacks him and wouldn't stop!!! He's two years of age, a dna test was done of him and they found boxer mix with chinese shar pei and caanon dog. I've had him since he was 4 months old.

He's usually find with dogs, but he's never had a boy dog that was his friend... So I don't know if he has an issue with boy dogs, or if it was just this dog in general, because awhile ago, he attacked this other boy dog who was a puppy!, the puppy sniffed my dog's bone and he attacked him and wouldn't stop. I don't want this behavior, I don't know what to do... He has improved over the last year, but not enough.
You're stupid. Go away.
If I was "neglecting" him, I wouldn't have let him outside with me..... Please use some common sense.
Okay, i don't want no 10 year old answering my question... -__-
I think he was born with the aggressive trait because he was shy as a pup. He got aggressive, and I thought it was just a phase..... which it wasn't
And my dog is fixed, he was fixed at 6 months.
My dog would never turn on me..... Why would he turn on someone who he tries to protect?
Also, I was walking him around the neighbor with the kids on their bikes, he only got angry when they were a few feet away from us.
Also, he's BEST friends with 3 other female dogs, he USED to fight with one of them, but now if the girl attacks him, he turns his face, instead of attacking back.
Oh well I'm sorry 17 is apparently too young to own a dog...
I'm afraid if I give him treats, he will think I''m rewarding him for his agression. When he is being good, I tell him "good boy" and pat him



Answer
Aggression isn't easy to fix and it is mostly fear or resource related. All that means is he is concerned that outsiders may take what he values: his food, toys, bones, water, his territory or his humans.

Play can get ugly if a dog thinks he might lose control of his "stuff".

From the activity you describe, I think he was protecting you. Unfortunately, your reaction did not make him less concerned, but more so. In the future, always bring his favorite treats with you. Do not get angry or yell. Just make funny noises to get his attention, get the food in front of his nose and lure him to sit looking at you. Praise and treat this behavior. In time he will learn its okay to watch kids play or dogs run around without fear or worry for your safety.

In the mean time.....
The most important thing your must do is protect your family from a law suit by keeping the dog fenced, leashed and do not let him play with other animals or people.

The other suggestion I have may be more difficult, but if you are committed to the dog, please try it.

Work with a trainer/behaviorist to teach your dog how to trust dogs and people.
It can be just as difficult as it sounds. It can also be very rewarding if our succeed.

What is the typical punishment for a juvenile who stole a bike?




Creolepatr


Two of my childrens bikes were stolen and I immediately knew who it was because I saw 2 neighborhood boys on the side of my house eyeing the bike. I went to the boys house and my mother immediately called the police. One kid I know and he really isn't a bad kid. He goes to school with my son as well. Since the incident, he has been taken to jail. What can I expect to happen to him.
LOL @ the second answer. I am hardly worried about that.
He's in a juvenile detention center. Sorry for the use of the word "jail." I don't want him to get anything other than a good scare. Like I said, I know him and he is genuinely a nice kid.



Answer
Depends on the value of the bike. If it exceeds 100 dollars its a felony believe it or not. If this is his first offensive, the judge might give him community service or probation. They WON'T sentence him to juvenile hall more than likely. Also you might have to pay a fine since you are his parent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment