Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How long will a ride through Fossil Rim take?

top kids mountain bikes on 20
top kids mountain bikes image



KB Ganesh


I am planning on going to Fossil Rim wildlife center near Glen Rose (TX) with family and friends.. How long will the whole ride take?


Answer
Family Tour
OK gang, this is for that leisurely tour with the kids. Or, that leisurely tour without the kids. We'll take you to the rhinos, cheetahs, and wolves without making you work too hard along the way. Start out with a little pavement (there is one big hill, but it's early in the tour and you can do it). Then we'll turn off the road and pedal through a nice grassy pasture for about 2 miles until we come to Hamstring Hill. Don't be frightened by this, we're already at the top. We'll leave our bikes here and walk down into the valley to see all the animals. After about an hour in the animal area, we'll hike back out and ride our bikes back to the cars. This tour is perfect for children 6 years and older, or for the younger kids who are in trailers or bike seats. Plus, it's a great tour for you if you enjoy the outdoors and animals, but aren't a really experienced off road bicyclist. And, you can join us with a true mountain bike, or a hybrid, since there isn't any technical rocky stuff. Wear your helmet and get ready to see some of the most beautiful country in Texas.

Moonlight Tour
You'll be blown away by riding at night and seeing animals in the twilight. We'll begin this tour early enough to enjoy a sunset from the top of Hamstring Hill. From here we'll hike into the Intensive Management Area to see the animals just as darkness falls on Fossil Rim. After we've seen all the animals (and maybe even heard some howling by the wolves or the wild coyotes) we hike back up Hamstring Hill and ride our bikesâunder the moonlightâback to our cars. This tour is also perfect for everybody. Kids, older folks, Hammerdogs and novices will all love this ride.

What solo or small group sports are easier to start at fourteen years old?




Alex


Hi, everyone. I'm a fourteen year-old guy, and I want to start a sport. I've never been very into athletics of any sort, and feel I've been limiting myself. I did Taekwondo for around three years, but never did it seriously enough to see any results physically, and it felt like a chore to watch a bunch of little kids beat me up covered in plastic pads. I have always been relatively tall and thin, which used to be a reason I wanted to do sports. Now, I don't really mind. The only thing making me want to get into something is this girl...
I guess she's my "girlfriend", but it's not official. All I know is that she's really good at gymnastics, and I'm good at nothing in the athletic area. She doesn't mind, but I do. She makes me want to better myself. All I do is play guitar, which isn't enough for me. Last summer I did basketball, and I was the worst kid on the team so I always got benched. It's tough starting organized sports for me because I'm a freshman now. I've realized I don't want to do an organized sport because I've lost my shot at it and I'd just be a liability to any team I join. Hell, I don't even know what sport I want to get into.
I'm up for nearly anything, at this point. I want to be active and actually do something with myself this summer.
I live in a semi-suburban area in R.I. Making my parents spend a ton of money on a whim of mine isn't exactly at the top of my priority-list. Does anybody have a suggestion for a sport that is (relatively, of course) easy and inexpensive to start at my age? I don't have anywhere to swim near where I live, so that's out of the question. Also, there is no mountain or wooded area to go hiking in. To add, there is no ice-rink nearby. My friends live near me, and they'd probably be up to join me in something, but I'm running out of options. I want to be stronger, toned, more flexible, and more athletic overall. Please don't suggest baseball or football. Yes, I do like biking, but I don't consider it a sport since it is fairly easy to do. Thank you, in advance, to anyone with advice for my situation.

P.S. - Sorry if my thoughts are all scrambled around. I'm not exactly the best writer...
P.S.S. - I'm not a fan of the whole "POUND SUPPLEMENTS EAT 90 POUNDS OF RAW WILDEBEEST EVERY DAY DO OVER 9,000 SQUATS DEADLIFT DEADLIFT DEADLIFT RAAAAAGH" workout strategy, or anything of its nature.
I did track and field in 6th grade, and even that felt like I was too old to start. I could only do hurdles mildly well and the 400-meter, if it matters.
Taking back what I said about biking. It is pretty hardcore, but I can't see myself doing it heavily.



Answer
Track and field Is pretty fun! I just started last year I'm a sophomore now. So it's never too late to start. If you don't like running long jump or javelin is pretty fun too!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment