Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How long should it take to teach my 6 year old to ride a bike (without training wheels)?

best kids bike 6 year old on ... year-old, I saw opportunity. I surmised that it would be possible to
best kids bike 6 year old image



MoMx5


I actually have an almost 6 year old daughter, and an almost 7 year old daughter... we tried a few times last summer... and it was too hard for them...i'm not sure how to help them... I hold the bike seat and run... but i don't think they pedal fast enough.... HELP!


Answer
Ditch the training wheels all together and make sure their bikes are low enough to the ground that they can flatly place their feet on the ground and stop themselves from falling while they try.

We started doing this for our kids when my son learned how to ride a bike in less than a day when he was at a neighbor's house for the afternoon. They had a bike that was actually a bit too small for him and he mastered it with no problem. After that, we got him a bike that was more his size.

I have never known training wheels to be of much use for anyone.

How can I politely ask my neighbor to talk to her son about harassing my dogs?




Trixies Ma


I'm on a good basis with most of the neighbors closest to my house, it's just a 1 way street.

My neighbors that live down one, and across the street have 2 kids. One is a daughter about 9 years old, and a 5 or 6 year old son. They ride their bikes up and down the street a lot, and even though it some times upsets my dogs (and the neighbor's dogs right next to me), no one complains, because none of us are total jerks.

However, lately the son has been riding up on the grass that is right up next to my fence. I have no doubt that he is doing it to rowdy up my dogs and make them upset. Because I don't want to listen to them bark their brains out, I end up having to bring them in.

Is there a proper way to address this issue? Should I talk to his parents about it, or should I just talk to the kid?
(I know some people will say I should just train my dogs not to bark, but I believe that since they are inside a secure fence, they have just as much a right to bark as kids do to make noise in their yards.) But they don't deserve to be egged on to bark because this kid is bored (or for whatever reason).



Answer
I don't think you should say anything to the boy, just to his parents. At 5/6 yrs old, he's still a little young to realize what he is doing so even though he is doing it on purpose, I don't think it's to be mean. He thinks he is just playing with them. The reason I think it should be addressed immediately with his parents is because if he gets too close to your dogs, they might bite him. I'm sure they are not vicious dogs and you probably have them trained but they are still animals and if they view him as an intruder, they will protect their turf. If they bite him, his parents might decide to sue you even though you did nothing wrong.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment