Friday, October 4, 2013

When was the last time you rode a push bike?

best kids push bike on Razor Spark Scooter Kids Ride on Action Sports Bike: Click to enlarge ...
best kids push bike image



Mulga Bob


I have been holidaying & taking a break in the big smoke. I spent a few days on Rottnest Island & while there hired a push bike, as that is the main mode of transport on the island.

Anyway my bum is now unbelievably stiff & sore. When I was a kid, I live on my bike. I worked it out that it has over 20 years since I regularly treadled my old grid. What about you?



Answer
I'll be riding mine down to the pub in about five minutes for the Friday night raffles. One thing about owning your own bike is you get to pick a comfortable saddle. Another place that is worth renting a bike is the Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo. It is a great way to get around the zoo provided you have a tough bum.

How do I install training wheels around a rear derailleur on a 20" bike?




StanleyLiv


Just purchased Wald training wheels for kids bike (16" to 26"). The right side has a gear derailleur on it, which extends further than the axle. I can't put the training wheel bar on the axle since I don't have clearance.

Can this axle be extended out farther somehow?



Answer
There are better ways to learn how to ride a bike. Remove the pedals and lower the saddle so they can flat foot on the ground and push them self around and learn to steer. Then try coasting down a small slop with the feet down and then lifting the feet. Next replace the pedals and gradually raise the saddle.

http://www.wikihow.com/Ride-a-Bicycle




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment