Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How do stores measure bike / bicycle sizes? ie.16",20" etc. Is it the outside tire or the inner rim or what?

best kids bikes 24 on ... Outdoor Fun > Other Outdoor Toys > Top-of-the-Line Electric Scooter
best kids bikes 24 image



Mom 2 ZM


I need to get a new bike for my soon to be 6 year old. He is on the bigger side of an almost 6 year old (not fat, just build) and I have no clue on how to measure his current bike to get the next size up for his birthday next week. Please help!


Answer
Kid's and adult's bikes are measured differently, btw. For kids, it's the wheel diameter, which may be printed on the side of the tire. If it's not, measure the outside of the tire from one side to the other - children's bikes are either 12", 16", 20" or 24", so there's enough variance that you'll be able to tell pretty easily which one his is.

Look at your son's inseam measurement to determine what size to get him.

And happy birthday to him!

Where can i buy bmx bikes without brake lines?







I want one of those bmx bikes that have no brake lines and you break by pedaling backwards. Anyone here know where I can buy those?


Answer
Wal-Mart or Academy.

If it has coaster brakes it's not a real BMX, it's a kids bike. If however you're set on getting a real BMX and having a coaster brake you can order a coaster brake rim, I think I saw some at DansComp.com and I know for sure Amazon will have a few.

That being said if you want better quality and a coaster brake Haro's Z-Line of bikes, while still kids bikes, are at least better quality. They're still bottom rung for Haro, but bottom rung for Haro is out of reach to Yoa Ming if he's standing at the top of the Wal-Mart/Academy ladder.

----update----

I took a nap and it jogged my memory, you can get 20" Skyway Tuffs's with a coaster brake. I looked on the PlanetBMX website and only blue remains, but I'm throwing in a link below. If you want high quality and durable (and weight isn't your chief concern) these are one of the best ways to go. If you want style get a white, red, or maybe yellow frame and put a blue seat and grips on to match the wheels. If you really want to go for style get tires in a color to match the frame, at 20" size you can do that, unfortunately I can't find red 24" tires to save my life :-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment