Sunday, October 6, 2013

How do I stop kids/teens from biking through my yard?

best deals kids bikes on Bike Black Friday Ad 2012 (Online deals are live! Awesome kids bike ...
best deals kids bikes image



lilrefa18


Very kid friendly neighborhood, lots of sidewalks, parks, etc. My house backs up to a street that has an adjacent sidewalk. Recently, teens and kids have started biking through my yard to get to the road/sidewalk, even though the bike path and trails are less than 1/5 mile away. They're starting to ruin my yard, and fences aren't allowed due to HOA regulations. How do I deal with this? I was thinking about putting down nails, but that can mess up my lawnmower. Ideas? Help!


Answer
Contact the HOA and ask them what you *can* do to stop the traffic. Complain that it's ruining your yard and they shouldn't be trespassing on your property in the first place. HOA members are usually pretty much jerks when it comes to someone breaking the HOA rules. I'm sure they would be all over this (those little old ladies love nothing more than enforcing stupid rules on people, especially kids).

And, don't put down anything like a nail strip. If one of the kids gets hurt, you will be liable.

How to deal with a really hyper 14 year old son?




Dixie Land


He might be ADHD, we're going to get him checked. But in the meantime, how do I deal with a kid this hyper? He's always moving around and almost never sits still. What do I do?


Answer
sounds like a normal growing boy to me.

I recently heard on tv that 70% of those who are diagnosed with ADD or ADHD do not have it.

Kids are naturally full of energy they are growing all the time. Any parent can see that. He needs to burn off his energy. If you think back to the 1800s boys at 14 were working all day long beside their dad on the farm. When they were not working they doing other boyhood things OUTSIDE playing. They rarely sat down except to fish or eat or sleep.

Get him into sports, get a physical fun hobby like buying bikes for the family. Take family rides after dinner.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment