Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How to keep kids under 4 years old busy?




hellsing_0


I will be babysitting for the Summer,
and so far I have a 3 1/2 year old girl, a 1 1/2 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy on my list to babysit.

I'm used to sitting older children (above the age of 6), so I'm just wondering what fun ways I can keep them entertained so they can have fun over the Summer. (:

Thanks.



Answer
i babysit a lot as well and here is what i've found that works....
play doh, chalk, blocks, big legos, kid tv shows/movies, read them books!!!(kids i babysit always love it!), easy crafts(i.e. stickers and crayons--No sissors!), go to the park and play, go for a walk on training bike, bubbles, ring around the rosy, just running around and chasing them then letting them "chase" you, etc. just use whatever toys they have and play with them. you can't really play scheduled games becasue they dont understand how to play correctly.

here's what NOT to do....
hide and seek(they dont really understand how to play and you'll probably just lose them), messy crafts like paint, puzzles, board games

good luck!

Babysitting 4 year olds?




Allie P


I am babysitting a very busy and playful 4 year old this week...any ideas on what I can do to keep him occupied?


Answer
I have a four year old son and he loves to be read to, play play dough, paint, use sidewalk chalk, bubbles, play in the water or pool, help me cook, bake, ride bikes, go for a walk, explore the outdoors looking at flowers and bugs, have an ice cream sundae, eat a happy meal, go for an ice cream cone, wash the car, decorate a white t-shirt, make a creation of recyclable material, make up stories, make puppets and create a puppet show, play with animals, go to the park and feed the ducks, play trucks, trains, play dress-up (he's the dad, I'm the mom or kid), go to the zoo....basically anything...let your mind wander. 4 year olds love anything.

If you want more ideas go to the library and they have tons of books for fun things to do that don't cost money.

Have fun and be a kid yourself!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment