Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bike trailer for 4 yr old?




indreni


My son has a medical condition that prevents him from walking far, and he is now too big to put in a stroller or jogging stroller. I would like to get a bike trailer so I can take him on bike rides this summer, but I haven't biked much in the past several years. Most of the trailers (like In Step) that I readily find at major stores have reviews that say they're very small (even too small for a 2 yr old), but yet, many bike trailers say they accomodate kids up to 6 years old. If anyone has a recommendation for a bike trailer that would give my son enough room (he's a little over 3 ft tall right now) and is under $250, I would really appreciate it. I would probably be able to find the brand at a bike shop. Thanks!
Thank you so much. All the answers were very helpful! I didn't even think about dust and dirt getting into the lungs from being so low to the ground. After a lot of web searching, we're leaning towards a Weehoo, which is like a co-pilot, but the child is strapped into the seat. Thanks everyone.



Answer
I wouldn't use a trailer for an 4 year old get something like a Tail A Bike or a Wee Ride. He can get some exercise that way.

http://www.amazon.com/WeeRide-96455-Co-Pilot-Bike-Trailer/dp/B000I4255G

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=trail-a-bike&tag=googhydr-20&index=sporting&hvadid=5210797397&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12942097821394721141&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_96704zfv4q_e

Schwinn vs Instep bike trailer comparison?




hbuckley10


I would like to buy a bike trailer for my boys (3.5 & 1.5) to ride in when my husband and I go for bike rides. It looks like the Instep Rocket, Schwinn Trailblazer and Schwinn Turbo are all very similar. I would like to hear reviews of those who own these and if anyone could tell me what the major differences are between them that would be great. I've found them all for about the same price. Thank you!


Answer
Hi. I ,too, am shopping for a bike trailer and have been pricing and reviewing them all day on line! I'm torn between the Rocket and Trailblazer, which seem to pretty much be very similar. I've read that InStep is the better brand, maybe. What I've noticed about the Turbo is that it's recommended for kids over 18 months, rather than 1 year...not sure why though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment