Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Haven't been on a bike since a kid - Also petite frame?




luvnthenig


I'm interested in getting a bike to ride around town. I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid so have no idea how to manage, well, anything that an adult's bike has! Also, I am short coming at just under 5 feet tall. Any suggestions for me? I'm not looking to spend much money.


Answer
It doesn't matter how old you currently are- cycling is for everyone! I think it makes you feel young! As a cartoon I saw says "Biking exercises my smile muscles!"
Go to a specialty cycling store to get properly fitted and to talk to sales people about the type of cycling you want to do- road cycling? Off road or trail cycling? That will help you decide the type of bike and tires you need to get.
Enjoy!!

What is a good bike for a 14 yr old?




Dru


My son is a regular kid who likes to ride his bike around the neighborhood and to school and to baseball practice. And just recently his bike has been breaking often and were just putting more more money into than we bought it for. So i would like to buy it for him as a gift and I know he likes to ride it to the bike track and ride it ine the mountains. He is 120 lbs. And 5'6' he really wants a bike like what KONA makes.


Answer
Kona makes very good bikes. So do lots of other companies. I know it's time consuming & frustrating at times, but look in ALL the bike shops in your area. Don't just run out & buy the first one that "looks cool".

The most important thing is fit & feel. How does the bike feel when riding it? Which shop has the best follow up service warranty? At 14, he's most likely still growing. Try to find a bike he can grow into, but not so large now he can't ride it comfortably. Please click on & read the last link below.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment