Thursday, April 3, 2014

What were the typical bicycles that kids and adults used during the early 1960s for casual biking?




Origin





Answer
In the early 60's where I live, most kids would have been riding some form of 3 speed bike with upright seating and 26" wheels. At that time department stores sold decent quality bikes. Eaton's department stores sold the Glider line which was basically a re badged Raleigh. CCM was a big seller in Canada at the time and they made very sturdy long lasting bikes, much like Schwinn in the US. If your parents had money you might be riding a Raleigh Sports or even a Superbe. English 3 speeds were lighter and nicer to ride than CCM's. Other department stores also sold bikes, Mine was a J C Higgens made in Holland. It was ok but it was no Raleigh. Huffy and Schwinn bikes were almost unknown in Canada at the time

Biking cross country, short film ideas?




Ryan Ricku


I'm biking from Canada to Mexico, down the California coast, raising money for kids with special needs. Check it out at

Facebook.com/cycle4awareness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMrmQ48BtI

That's beside the point. I think it would be cool to shoot a mini movie while biking. Maybe 60second clips, like the movie
Chronical or Clover field.
Some ideas I had we're a comedy, that someone is following me, and at the end just gives me my wallet back.
Another idea is that when we are flying to Canada, there is some kind of outbreak. And while we're biking, have it seem like everyone is gone.
Maybe a futuristic addition, like I'm talking to my iPhone, Siri.

I'm just spitballing now. Any ideas?



Answer
description of question : I'm biking from Canada to Mexico, down the California coast, raising money for kids with special needs. That's beside the point. I think it would be cool to shoot a mini movie while biking. Maybe 60second clips, like the movie
Chronical or Clover field.
Some ideas I had we're a comedy, that someone is following me, and at the end just gives me my wallet back.
Another idea is that when we are flying to Canada, there is some kind of outbreak. And while we're biking, have it seem like everyone is gone.
Maybe a futuristic addition, like I'm talking to my iPhone,
their are any short ideas.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment