Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What are my best options for toting three kids around with my bike?




B


Is there a trailer for 3 kids? Would it be ok to have a "trail-a-bike" type option then connect a trailer to that? Or get a child seat plus the trailer? Kids are 4 mos, 2.5 yrs, and 5 yrs old.. The 5 yr old can ride a bike, but very slowly and not very far.. Thanks!


Answer
You have a few option, although I agree with those who mention 4 mos may be a little young for any kind of biking. The only way I would bike with infants is if I can either carry them very close to me, or if I can strap them into a reclined seat where they don't have to fully support their head while going over bumps etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bend,OR&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.460237,67.763672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Bend,+Deschutes,+Oregon&ll=44.05157,-121.315155&spn=0.28771,0.529404&t=h&z=11 Front mounted seat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIH0EG?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwgalttechco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000FIH0EG Top Bar Mounted

In Denmark they often ride with the youngest in a front basket or cargo bay laying down in blankets.

I've tried my kids in trailers at 9 mos and found it didn't work for me with any of them because I couldn't watch how they were doing and couldn't attend to their needs at all without stopping, dismounting etc. AND until over a year they didn't do well enough with head control. The trailers actually ride fairly jouncy and bumpy because the kids are sitting right on top of the wheels.

Moving on....

I have seen people do the tag along and the trailer, but for regular use it seems to long and unwieldy to me.

I'd go the cargo bike / long tail route: Madsen Cycles has a model that seats 4 with seat belts (takes the optional extra seat to get to 4 - standard is 2) http://www.madsencycles.com/
A review of cargo bikes: http://www.metaefficient.com/bicycles/longtail-bikes-a-review-and-buying-guide.html
And Riding triple on a long tail http://surfabike.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/mundo_bilby_side_m-preview1-jpg.jpeg

Can you edit my Book Review for me? It on Cheaper by the dozen.?




Robert


Mr./ Mrs. give birth to 12 children, 6 boys & 6 girls. Their reason for having so many kids is everything is cheaper by the dozen. Anne is the first born, who was born in N.Y.C.. Anne also, is the bad seed in the family, who dress like a --Eskimo?--! And date a biker guy. Their Father , teach the little offspring's about everything ants to working in a fakerey. But, in the Dad get crush by a car whale riding his bicycle.


Answer
very poor try again, and this time read the book not just watch the movie.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment