Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Can You Suuggest me a Kids (9 years/Boy) Road Bike?




Friend


I am looking for a Boys "Road Bike", for my son. He is 9 years old and 49 inch tall. Idially, the Bike Frame size should be 19" (Pilot type) or 20" and dropped handle bar. The price range I do not want to go over $500-$600 because for two reasons; #1 rough handling associated for a Kid and reason; #2 The Bike will be out of size in next 2-3 years (when he becomes tall, I have to buy bigger bike of his size).

I am looking at this Road Bike: http://www.target.com/Forge-1000-Road-Racing-Bike/dp/B000LWFG9C/sr=1-2/qid=1215533911/ref=sr_1_2/601-4000344-5233748?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aroad%20bike&page=1

This is an online item only. Pl. suggest me if you have this one or any other one you might have bought.

Pl. do not suggest any MTB. I am looking only for Road Bike this time.
I mean, 20 "wheel size. I ride 54 CM Frame. I am not sure what frame size I will see for my son. The bike URL I added, says only 19" . I do not know if it is frame or wheel.



Answer
24" and 650cm kids road bikes are made. The KDS Trek model comes to mind 1st, Felt too. Are you sure you want a 19 - 20" frame? That would be very large for him at this time.

Menat KDR... the 24" wheeled KDR will fit but the 650cm wheeled bikes would still be too big. There are no 19" wheels so you looking at frames far too big for a 9 year old of normal height.

Which company makes a road bike for kids.?




Speel


My son is 5 years old and want's to get a road bike like mine so we can ride together. I have a trek 2300c but i have not been able to find a road bike small enough for my son, who is 3'10'' tall.
He has 4 bikes already mountain, red line bmx, gt freestyle, gary fisher cruiser.



Answer
here you go:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/kids-bike/PLS_5678_913crx.aspx

I raced our state age group champs this May, was amazed at how many kids showed up, with high end kid-size road bikes, in full top-level clothing, and they were fit and reasonably fast. I'm talking about 8 years all the way up to 15+.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment