Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Suggestions for a CHEAP hybrid bike?




Jenny


I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I want to start riding a bike to get in shape. What are some suggestions for a good, but cheap Hybrid bike from Wal-mart or Target? I want to be able to ride on the gravel trails around here, but not off-road, so I don't want a mountain bike. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.


Answer
For riding on gravel trails, the hybrid bike is a good choice. It's got bigger wheels like a road bike and a more upright position. It also has mountain bike style gearing in case you run into hills. I own a hybrid for just that purpose and it works very well.

Don't go to WalMart or Target. The bikes they sell are one size fits all, are heavy, don't work very well, and don't last very long. Your local bike shop will have bikes at the low end of the price range, probably starting around $250 to $350. Brands don't matter. Bikes that cost the same are usually built the same and have the same components. Unlike the WalMart, a bike shop will have bikes that fit you. They know how to properly assemble them. You will be much more comfortable and much safer.

Above all, save enough money for a helmet. Don't put your butt on the seat without a helmet on your head.

HTH

A good, fairly cheap bmx bike?




Kevin


I like skateboarding but alot of kids at my school and my cousin bmx. I have gone of my curbs before with my normal bike/mountain bike. Any good brands and tips for a beginner? (My birthday is coming up soon ;)


Answer
yer dans comp has some good brands but they can be advanced bikes,a great starting bike is a HARO. strong and a good bike to add parts to, or you could get a,GT,MONGOOSE or a kink launch(the cheapest kink)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment