Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My first BMX bike?




camx94


Hey,
I just got my first BMX bike yesterday. Its a blue Mongoose Brawler....Now the person who sold me this is a 4 year BMX racing champion. He said this was more of a universal bike. Which means it can go on many things...other then dirt. I do say its maybe a little to heavy....which may be good because he told me if I get a heavy bike....then I can do anything on a light bike....Now I'm looking for both street and dirt....so I was wondering if this is a good enough bike to bring the the skatepark sometime....I'm trying to learn flatland tricks...such as the bunny hop....very hard...all I can do is basically lift up my front tire....

Anyways I was just asking if this is truely a good bike/universal for stuff like that.
Please be honest I can take anything...



Answer
well the kid was right, the bike you got is a universal bike...you can use it for trials, skatepark, street, but for flatland...the geometry is completely different on the frame...alot shorter and whatnot. i woudl say that you have a good starter bike. the first year that you ride you are building muscle and getting used to your bike. when i started i wasnt able to bunnyhop for awhile, now i can hop over garbage cans, jersey barriers, and fences! its all in your arms and legs. you pull up as hard as you can and then you level your arms out as you are sucking your legs up...try it for a good day or 2 and it will come to you. even taking you pegs off, cutting of an inch on your handle bars, cutting down your seat post are some ways you can lighten up yoor bike as well if you think its too heavy. i have actually bought parts that weigh lighter for myb ike and it weighs 21lbs...which is rather light. stick with it man...BMX is a long hard road to go down if you want to get good, but you have to stick with it....and once you start landing tricks it is one of the most rewarding feelings you can get...well to me at least. keep shreddin!

Where can I buy a bike seat cushion?




Dianna F


I would like to by a bike seat cushion for my kid he is 9 years old. His bike seat is hard. By the way what are gel sattles


Answer
"By the way what are gel sattles"? SADDLES, not sattles. When you ride a horse, do you sit on a seat or a saddle? Saddle - of course. SAME thing with bicycles. It's a SADDLE not a seat.

In fact - the best bicycle saddles are made by a company that started out making horse saddles...Brooks Leather! Copy & paste...

"In 1878, the unfortunate death of Mr Brooksâ horse led to a stroke of inspiration. Unable to afford another horse, he borrowed a bicycle in order to commute to work. He found the seat so uncomfortable that he vowed to do something about it. On 28 October 1882, Mr Brooks filed his first saddle patent. Waddling cyclists everywhere rejoiced and the new product was a roaring success."
http://www.brooksengland.com/

The "best" saddles have NO padding or gel whatsoever.
http://www.brooksengland.com/catalogue-and-shop/saddles/
The only thing needing support is the "sit bones". Wide cushioned and/or gel saddles do NOT work. They push all that padding or gel AWAY from the sit bones as soon as you sit on them. Then all that padding or gel flows to areas of soft tissue & blood vessels-squeezing them off - and causing MORE pain.

Quote, "When a cyclist finds a saddle uncomfortable, the first impulse is often to look for a soft one. This is often a mistake. Just as the softest mattress is not necessarily the most comfortable to sleep on, the softest saddle is not the most comfortable to cycle on."
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment