Monday, June 16, 2014

is it safe for a 13 year old to own a dirt bike?







I'm a 13 going on 14 year old and i always wanted a dirt bike.... I'm not the kind of kid who likes to try to impress... i just want a dirt bike for trails and for tracks.... i just need this question answered because i want to show my parents that its ok for me to have one and i already know that i may get bruised up and stuff... and i will wear proper equipment... so basically my question is if its ok for me to own one from someone who had more experience with dirt bikes then i do...


Answer
i got a four wheeler when i was 7 or 8 and one of my options was a dirt bike (it was for christmas) . It has nothing at all to do with age but more of maturity and responsibility.

Also a big part of it is if you know about them... A lot of people think they can just get one and expect to put gas and oil in it and drive it and that its that simple, but its NOT.. you must know how to fix it when it breaks and messes up or anything like that, and IT WILL no matter what and it will be more than one time itll mess up or have a problem plenty of times. really basic problems... but even the most basic problem can be the most pain in the world if you dont know what your doing...

HELP!! My 7 year old son is "diffenent" than other kids and gets picked on!?




sweetgirl


My son was identified as gifted in his kinergarten year of school. He never had a problem with other kids before because they were so young and at that age everyone pretty much likes everyone else, however now that he is going to second grade I notice he is getting teased by neighborhood kids. My son's idea of a good time is not playing in the dirt or riding bikes but he would much rather go exploring with his metal detector or read his books and draw, lol...I love him so much and Im so proud of him but it hurts so much that he gets made fun of already in his life for being the way he is. I really need suggestions on how to handle this and what to say to him to keep his self esteem up and let him know he is perfect the way he is. Thanks for any advice
I dont make him read and do those things, he loves to do them! Of course he gets exersice too, we do go on outings to the park and he does play but he just enjoys doing different things
Thanks everyone for all your advice! I really appreciate it!



Answer
Children can be cruel. My son was the same as yours. And I taught him to take care of himself. Alot of the older boys always picked on him. But I taught him not to take any crap. He learned, and they learned to leave him alone. There is nothing wrong with him exploring with his metal detector or reading books, I think that is great. He will change as he gets older and then you may of wish he had stayed with his books and things. You're doing right, just keep telling him how proud you are of him and how much you love him. Stick by him with what ever he wants to do. You never know, he could find some riches some day with that metal detector, write his own book, or even be an artist. Stand by him.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment