Tuesday, June 17, 2014

getting back into biking, whats best leather or man made fibre clothing?




David


25 years off the road due to usual reasons, wife,kids etc


Answer
Gear has made a bunch of leaps in the recent years. Leather still offers the most protection when it comes to any sort of abrasion. I'm not endorsing Harley gear, but they've been putting out leather gear that has retro-reflective seams on it, and brighter colored leather to be more visible. In a nut shell, leather is still very good option.

That being said, textiles have come a long way. And while they don't offer as much protection from abrasion, since most accidents are at slower speeds, you're probably not going to find yourself sliding down the road for a 100 ft. (it can happen, but I'd say it's much less likely).

I prefer the textiles because they seem to be much easier to adjust to the current conditions. And even though leather can be weatherproof, I personally seem to be more comfortable in the textiles when it's pouring than I am in leather.

I would say that if you can find some gear that fits you well, makes you visible, and allows you to adjust your comfort levels, and has internal armoring, I think you'll be as protected as you can be. GL and be safe.

what size bike should i get?




Jose D


I want to get a fixed gear track bike. I am just a kid and i am 4 foot 10 inches.A 49 cm. bike would fit me perfect but once i get older and taller it will become to small. My other option is a 52 cm bike and that would fit me a little bit big right now but it would last me much longer than the other one. I don't know which one to choose. Can someone help me please


Answer
go bigger, you will grow...and you dont wanna look like a girl on a short bike right??




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment