Sunday, June 15, 2014

Good beginners dirt bike-Kid?




Jus1oftheb


I'm trying to help a friend out. His kid wants a dirt bike and with the holidays coming up he has started looking into it. His son is 10 y.o. and is about 5 ft. tall around 100lbs. (I'm sure about the age but the height and weight is my best guess) His father was talking about a PW80 but I was thinking that might be a little to small but I also think that a 125cc might be to much. he doesn't have any experience riding a motorized bike up until now he's just had a bicycle. I was thinking maybe a XR 100 or TT-R 90 or something like that. He's looking for a good used one. Just looking for suggestion on a good starter bike for a kid.
Thanks
I appreciate all the reply's. he is still looking but I'm sure that he'll find something in time for the holidays.



Answer
CRF100F, or a few years back it was a XR100, would be a good bike for him. it has a clutch but is very easy to ride if you think a 125 would be to much

Why does ever-body say baja's dirt bikes are bad for motocross?




Caleb


The suspension is fine i have jumped my baja 90cc dirt bike all the time.(good air) They also say the acceleration is bad, are you kidding me its just like a normal dirt bike's acceleration. My Friend has a honda 80cc dirt bike and we mess around race and sometimes i win the starts and some time he does. Some one tell me why people think there so bad.


Answer
Look Caleb I baja 90cc is a horrible bike to race. You have asked this question many times (which is ok but it gets old). I promise you if you race motocross with a 90cc baja you will not do good unless everybody else crashes. What is your good air you say you get? Probabbly no more that 5 feet. In motocross racing even in the beginner class you are jumping 15 feet high and 120 feet in distance. I am not joking your bike would break in half if it jumped that high which I dought it would even do. On a motocross track it is very loamy dirt. I ride a crf250r and it is a racing bike and is very hard to get through the dirt. Your baja would get stuck. The acceleration on your bike is not good enough for racing. You are probablly around 12 so you should be riding a 85cc 2 stroke out there. Those have good accelreation and is a racing bike. Trust be the accelration is not good. I

f you are racing with your freind and he has an 80cc and you win the starts great. You both have trail bikes though and on the starting gate of a motocross race (even in the beginner class) you are going agaist bike that are 85cc screaming 2 strokes that are made to race. I promose you a baja 90cc or any baja bike is not made to race. Go to a motocross track by you and watch how everybody races. You will see your bike is not good enough. On a motocross track in your class you are racing about 50 mph which your bike may be able to go that fast but the suspension, frame and everything on your bike could not take that abuse. Trust me Caleb a baja is not made to race. If you want to race look at buying a cr85, rm85, kx85, 85sx, yz85, or even a 4 storke crf150R. You many be thinking these bike only have 5 more cc than mine. Yes but these are liqued cooled bike with very good suspension and are fast, acceleration is good, and they have strong engines. That is why a Baja 90cc is a bad bike to race.

When I first wanted a dirt bike at 12 years old I wanted a bike for $1000 or less. I went up to some auto parts store and saw a baja 125. I told my dad I wanted it. He said are you sure and I said yes. We went home and though about it and I decided not. My dad reommended at kx100 instead. I though that bike is not good enough for racing but it was. That bike was $1200. It was much better, stronger, faster, better handeling, better suspension, than a baja. I am very glad I got the kx100 because I could race it on a motocross track(not just with friends in my back yard). I now got a crf250r and am happy. BUT TRUST ANYBODY WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT MOTOCROSS. A BAJA 90CC CAN RACE (any dirt bike can race) BUT IS WILL NOT DO GOOD AT ALL AND WILL MOST LIKELY COME IN LAST PLACE.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment