Thursday, April 24, 2014

What size of bike??????

Q. I have a 4 year old girl I was wondering what the proper size of bike I should get


Answer
Kids bikes are denoted by wheel size (unlike adult bikes) Take her to a bike shop (or sporting goods store but NOT kmart/walmart/target unless you want her to take biking)

A 12" is usually the smallest size then 16" 20" and 24". It all depends on how tall she is. You have to have her sit on a bike to see if it fits her right. Not all bikes are the same size even if they are listed as the same size. Different maufactuers do things differently. She is probably somewhere around a 16" size now thought. That said, remember she will outgrow it really soon. If she can sit on a 20" comfortably (even with the seat down pretty low) then that would be a bike she could grow in to.

Are 20 inch mountain bikes only for kids?

Q. So I'm 14, almost 15, and also fairly tall. Lately I've been looking to buy a new bike, and I started looking at 20 inch wheel mountain bikes. Now I don't know much about bikes, but I figure that these kinds of bikes would be good for me because I liked how its a small size with 20 inch wheels like a normal bmx bike, but I also liked that it had suspension and the ability to change gears. I was getting ready to order one, but I noticed that the reviews mainly involved parents buying them as gifts for their 8-10 year old kid. Are these kinds of bikes really only meant for small children, and will I look stupid if I buy one for someone as old and as tall as I am?


Answer
Those are little kids bikes you want one with 26" wheels.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment