Monday, April 21, 2014

Are Schwinn bikes for old people?

Q. I'm going to buy a classic Schwinn cruiser you know the fenders not the big ones the small ones and the fork handle bars my bro said they are for old people I said they aren't for old people I see young people riding them all the time he said they are for old people and laughed at me so are they really for old people I'm kinda stuck in the 50s


Answer
Schwinn makes a variety of bikes for every age. Everything from kid's bikes...
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/bikes/kids

To bike path bikes...
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/bikes/bike-path

To road bikes...
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/bikes/road

Even one so new - it's "Patent Pending"...
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/bikes/urban/2012-vestige-14605

Do I really have to spend that kind of money on a bike?




Emmi


I decided to get a bike to commute to work. I live very close now (less than 2 miles) and would like to bike instead of walk. Doing some research leads me to believe that I have to spend about 300 to 400 dollars on a bike.
Any thoughts on that?
I would like a bike with some gears, but nothing fancy.
Thanks for the input.



Answer
Just like $150 basketball shoes don't make you able to slam dunk; a $1000 bike will not make you Lance Armstrong. There is a happy medium of bike quality and price. Walmart and Target don't have anyone that is skilled in bike assembly, just a high school kid that can kinda follow directions when he feels like it, when he's not too pissed off at his girlfriend. Try Performance bike, its a chain bike store that has qualified mechanics that put your bike together, they have much better bikes overall and yes you will spend more on a bike you will have something that will stay in adjustment. Remember you are trusting your life to the bike, brakes, steering etc are critical components, especially if you are going to bike to work a few days a week. Performance has lifetime tuneups on their bikes so you get the long term value compared to the discount store.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment