Thursday, April 24, 2014

What's the best bike for towing kids in?

Q. I want to buy a bike to ride around the neighborhood and to the park and grocery store with my kids in tow in a trailer. The trailer I'm looking at buying is the Schwinn Joyrider. The bike I'm looking at is the Schwinn Crest Urban Women's Hybrid Bike (700c Wheels), but I'm not sure if this is what I should get? I want something that's easy to ride and that can handle bumps and "easily" tow two kids. If this isn't the right bike for me, please point me in the right direction! Thanks! (if it matters, which I don't think it should since most bikes are adjustable nowadays, I am 5'4'')


Answer
Whoa! Stop! At first I tried researching that bike on the Schwinn website. http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/ Turned up nothing. Then I did a Google search & found it on Amazon.com.

There are two different divisions of Schwinn every since the bankruptcy years ago. There is still the real bike shop quality Schwinn. Then there is the discount store & big box store Schwinn. Did you ever click on the photo from Amazon.com to zoom in on the bike? Only 24 spokes per wheel vs. the usual 32 to 36 spokes on a better bike. Also only one frame size - 17". At 5' 4" tall, you would more than likely need a 15"-16" frame, not a 17" frame.

If you want to go with a Schwinn, get one from a real bike shop. See 3rd link down. $379 vs. $313.88 for the one on Amazon.com. But the quality is soooo much better. And a real bike shop will insure you get the correct frame size, sometimes called frame geometry.

Which one of these bikes would be best?

Q. I have a schwinn trailway hybrid bike right now that i like. But ive been looking around to see if i could get something better for less money. Heres the schwinn trailway - http://www.target.com/s/schwinn+trail+way?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google&CPNG=sports&adgroup=bikes&LNM=Schwinn%20trail%20way&MT=broad&LID=14p568056&KID=720d3915-3956-6c48-833e-0000205c0d68
and heres the other bike i was looking at http://staugustine.craigslist.org/bik/3465053477.html
Any idea which one has better parts and what not?


Answer
I think the second bike would be better.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment