Thursday, June 5, 2014

what age can children, kids go on a bike seat?




leigh_aj_g


i am after getting a seat for my son to sit on, on the back of my bike. the only thing is i can only find ones that tell u the max weight. so i would like to know if anyone knows the min weight


Answer
Bob A has the age correct and the box that the seat comes in has to state that the child must be no younger than 12 months old. There is no minimum weight restriction.

Share what you know about kids and bike seats?




Karen H


PARENTS. Do you prefer the bike seat that attaches to the bike behind the rider? Or the wagon that sits on the ground behind the bike? What age would you start bringing your kid with you bike-riding? Where did you get your equipment? Do they make helmets for little kids?

My daughter is one year old, and I'm wondering if I can start to take her bike-riding with me, and what is the best equipment to use.



Answer
This response is based on experience of both articles...as our children got older and could sustain the wind and the riding in an upright position for long periods of time we used the bike seat theory...when they were smaller and not as strong we used the wagon behind the bike...it's also going to depend on how you can handle the distribution of the extra weight directly on the bike...also on the are as to where you live...suburbia...both methods work well..city I definitely would use the seat behind the bike...but that is just me..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment