Thursday, June 5, 2014

Looking for a kids bike: age 11 or 12?




alec m


Ok, so my dad is a bike rider. And we were looking for a bike to get for my birthday that is coming up (September).
So, anyway, we were looking at this bike: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/kids/ages_9_12/kdr1000/ which I like, but It says ages 9-12. The problem is i'm turning 12 on my birthday and I don't want to have a $500 bike that I can only ride for a year. So I was wondering if they make kids road bikes for kids 12+ or that is considered adult bikes. Thanks for the help! :)



Answer
That bike has 24" wheels just as the Felt F24 has. For a almost teen road bike look at ones with 650 wheels.

Here's one: http://www.upsideover.com/Argon_18_Xenon_650_Kid's_Road_Bike_p/Argon-X650.htm?click=2&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shopzilla

look here for several reviews:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/latest-bikes/kids-bike/PLS_5678crx.aspx

Also note it's not age as much as your size that matters. Are you small, medium or big for your age? If you are a little small for your age, you may get several years out of the bike.

Kids Bikes?




marie


Want to buy my nephew a new bike for his birthday. He will be turning 4. What should I look for? I know he needs trainning wheels, but don't know what size to look for.


Answer
If he's small or average for his age he will need a 12" bike. If on the larger side maybe a 16". Both normally come with training wheels. Best thing is to head over to Wal Mart, Target, Toy r Us etc. and see how they fit. If it's a surprise you can always buy one and take it back if not right. Make sure to not get something he will grow out of by fall.

I would not take a 4 yo to a bike shop - most don't even carry kiddie bikes anyway.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment