Friday, June 6, 2014

Can 6-8 year old kids play outside with no adult supervision?




Ladybug


There's a neighborhood playground very close by and I always take my 3 year old son and his little 6 year old friend to the neighborhood playground. However, I see tons of kids around age 6-8 years old playing there by themselves all the time without any adult supervision. Today I was the only adult at the playground for at least 3 hours and there were about 10 kids. I live in a fairly safe town but i still can't comprehend it. Is it alright and normal to let 6-8 year olds play by themselves at the neighborhood playground? is something wrong with my neighborhood or is this the norm and okay?


Answer
It depends on the area. I live in a family-friendly neighbourhood, and kids of that age go out to the park all the time without parents (well maybe not 6, but certainly 8), and there's nothing to worry about, because we trust the people who live near the park, and there`s always someone around to keep an eye out.

If you live in a city centre, or an otherwise more dangerous area, where you don`t know or trust the neighbours, it can't hurt to supervise your kids.

I live in a suburban area by the way, and there are many children who just take off on their bikes, usually in groups, to one of the four nearby playgrounds and two outdoor swimming pools.

So yes, the kids should at least be in groups of 3 or more, so if one gets hurt, one can stay with him while the other goes to get help.

is it safe for a 13 year old to own a dirt bike?







I'm a 13 going on 14 year old and i always wanted a dirt bike.... I'm not the kind of kid who likes to try to impress... i just want a dirt bike for trails and for tracks.... i just need this question answered because i want to show my parents that its ok for me to have one and i already know that i may get bruised up and stuff... and i will wear proper equipment... so basically my question is if its ok for me to own one from someone who had more experience with dirt bikes then i do...


Answer
i got a four wheeler when i was 7 or 8 and one of my options was a dirt bike (it was for christmas) . It has nothing at all to do with age but more of maturity and responsibility.

Also a big part of it is if you know about them... A lot of people think they can just get one and expect to put gas and oil in it and drive it and that its that simple, but its NOT.. you must know how to fix it when it breaks and messes up or anything like that, and IT WILL no matter what and it will be more than one time itll mess up or have a problem plenty of times. really basic problems... but even the most basic problem can be the most pain in the world if you dont know what your doing...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment