Saturday, June 7, 2014

I hit some little kid with my bike today, and the mother is threatening legal action?







I was riding my bike (Pushbike, very expensive, fuckin broken now THX YA LITTLE CNT!) down a road, about 2 feet away from the pavement, when a little girl and her mother just ran in front of me. I hit the little girl pretty bad, with my forks going straight into her face, breaking her nose and knocking out teeth. I felt REALLY bad, but it wasn't my fault. I was interviewed by police, and several witnesses say they saw the woman carelessly cross the road, and itwasn'tt my fault, but the kids mother is threatening to sue me.

Will anything happen to me? If their case isunsuccessfull, could i claim compensation from the damage done to my bike (Roughly 1200 pounds),becausee when i hit her, i bailed off the bike and it got hit by a ford transit.



Answer
From what you describe... in order for her to collect anything from you, you would have to be found negligent in some way. From what you say, the police have already found you to not be at fault. Since you were not at fault, then you were not negligent in anyway, therefor not responsbile to compensate her for any damages.

Since she was found to be at fault, its very possible that you can successfully counter sue for damages to your bike.

Which is safer for a little kid to learn on: Dirt bike or ATV?




Lil Jordan


My son is 2 and and am getting him into motocross. The dirtbike I have in mind is the pw50: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/40/home.aspx and I haven't decided on the quad yet. I just want to know which one is better and safer for him to learn on?

For anyone who will bash me and not answer the question, don't waste your time. For those who think these vehicles are dangerous, you are misinformed. They are safe when used properly and when the children are closely supervised and wearing the proper safety equip. For almost every story of serious injury/death, I can easily point out what was done wrong. For those who say they go 70 mph, no. Who in their right mind would produce a vehicle for kids that goes that fast? These dirt bikes/quads go up to 35 and the speed can be limited down to 5, plus they have a kill switch to shut off the engine if they get to far or are doing something they are not supposed to do. They also have a wrist strap to shut of the engine if they fall off for some reason. For those who say he is too young to operate a vehicle like this, then check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-7Z3_WTIF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cmDMPUyaus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0xbV_ixEk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjlC8TQxmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmmSBwohW9M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9QF6M3Xq2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4P47cO3s14
Yeah, small children can't possibly operate a quad/dirtbike... And there's PLENTY more where that came from! Just do a simple search on youtube.

I plan to teach him everything there is about riding and he can ride along with me. He won't be in any races until a few years from now. If you don't have an answer to the above question, then go away. Thanks in advance my peoples.
Willow, motocross is not nearly as dangerous as a gun. That is the dumbest comparison I've ever seen. I am not "using" him. He loves his power wheels quad so I'm getting him a real vehicle.



Answer
It depends on the sport you intend to get him into- learning on a quad makes mastering a two wheeler a bit harder, plus you CAN get training wheels for people who are a bit nervous about balance.

In saying that my 2 year old niece has had a quad since she was 18 months and is having no trouble mastering the little electric motorbike her father got her for mastering balance. It really depends on the child.

And I don't know why people freak when you get small kids petrol powered vehicles- the statistics for BICYCLE deaths are far greater, plus my brother got a SPEEDING ticket on his pushbike at the age of twelve, something that would NOT have happened if he'd been on a petrol powered speed limited dirtbike- he had managed to get the pushbike up to 60km an hour.

If you get all the proper safety equipment, and teach them from an early age a dirtbike is no more dangerous than the kid walking down the side of a busy road holding it's parents hand.

I'd get both, and see what the child prefers if you can afford it. My husband and I have been discussing which quad to get our son- he already has a dirtbike (hey, when you are offered a $2000 bike for $250, you don't leave it sitting on the side of the road!).
Alex will NOT be allowed to ride either until his head circumference is big enough for a proper helmet- my hubby might be an adrenaline junky but he's also the most pedantic guy I have EVER met on the subject of motorsport safety!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment