Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bike Trailer for Kids?




my name is


My son is 14 months old and I would love to take him on bike rides. I would like to buy the bike trailer. Can you please let me know what is important when it comes to a purchase of one. Did your toddlers like the bike trailer. What brand is good? I would like to spend around $150.00. Also, do I have to get a helmet for him?


Answer
First, and most important, never ever never ever put your son into a bike trailer without a helmet.

Every time I see kids in trailers on the bike paths, they always have this look on their face: "She promised me ice cream, she promised me ice cream, she promised me ice cream..."

Trailers are mostly used for just a few years. You should be able to pick up a slightly used one for the price you've stated. I see more Burleys than most other brands.

HTH

What bikes for a couple and trailer for toddler daughter?




Raaj


We (my wife 5' 6"" and me 5' 11'') looking for bikes to go around the town and also sometimes for hiking (may be couple of times). Also we have a toddler daughter and planning to buy a trailer for her. Please advice on the model, make and also type of the bike which I should be buying. I live in Chicago area. Thanks in advance and appreciate your help.


Answer
Google " bikes shops + your zip " that will give you a map with all of the local bike shops on it. Visit the shop and tell them where and how you want to ride. Brand is not important but you want a comfort or hybrid bike with gears.
For a trailer I would look on the local ebay and Craig's list for a used one. You can pick up a nice Burly or Chariot for cheap and resell it for close to what you paid for it when you child out grows it.

http://www.bicycletrailers.com/home.jsp




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment