Thursday, February 6, 2014

Where can I buy popsicle moulds in India?




Someone-u-


I live in India and you don't need fire or Tom Hiddleston to make this country hot. It's steaming. But popsicles cool me down and I was wondering where you can get popsicle moulds? We don't have Target, Tesco, Walmart, or Ikea. I can't buy them online. I live somewhere around Santacruz, Mumbai. Any stores where I can get them? Do you get them at Crawford Market at V.T.?


Answer
I used to live in India. It was the only country I ever lived in where my chocolate bar would melt in the basket of my bike between the store and home. Now there's a reason to eat it fast!

I saw Popsicle molds once in Big Bazaar in Chennai but this was 4 years ago. You can try using the local Kulfi molds as they work. Parry's corner also had them in the plastic Small plastic food containers can also work for this.

When I was a kid my mother would make them in the ice cube trays and put a toothpick stick into them.

You could freeze them that way and then pop the cubes into the blender, if the power is working, and make a slush like that.

I would vote for buying very small plastic cups like bathroom dixie size and putting it into those. Kind of makes a lot of trash though. But if you are careful and run warm water to release them you can wash the cups again and again. I did it in my classroom that way and used metal desert forks as the Popsicle stick.

Singapore is a cheap plane ride away and they have Popsicle molds for sure. So does Bangkok in the Daiso Japanese dollar stores.

Would I go to vietnam ?




chloe


Hey so I'm 14 years old and some of my extended family is going to Vietnam next summer and I was invited. My uncle was adopted from there and goes back every few years with his wife and kids. My other uncle just tags along because he loves to travel. I was Talking to him and he said I could deffinatly come. There are a few problems though
*my parents might not let me go. They offered to take me to Japan next time they go and my larents had no problom with that, but Vietnam is a third world country and my parents are pretty protective. We have gone to countries like this in vacation (carribean and south America) but stayed in resorts where there are armed gards and have 20ft walls. We're be staying on a small house in the country side (my uncles birth families house)
*Safty- again it's not like we're staying at the ritz. It will be a small house in the middle of nowhere
*myself- i'll admit I'm a bit spoiled, I hate motels and stuff that isn't clean. I could stick it out but it would have to be for a great vacation
So here are my questions
#1 how safe is it over there?
#2 have you been and did you like it?
#3 what are some good resons to go? (In case my parents say no)
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!



Answer
I am Vietnamese myself. Tickets to Vietnam are very pricey so I've never been there myself, but I have family and friends that travel there every few months and I've done a library worth of research in case I get a chance to visit.

A small house in the middle of no where is likely to have no air conditioning so you'll have to bear 100+ degree weather every single day.

#1 Crowded busy streets filled with bikes and the occasional car(Try not to get run over by a bike overloaded with rice, seafood, or fresh vegetables). Child prostitution(mostly for females) is big there especially for teen girls, just remember your safety rules( not to get in a car with anyone) and stay close to your uncle too, you do not want to get snatched by the arm. Refrain from wearing anything that looks expensive, wearing a fake cubic zirconia ring can cost you a finger, literally. Since your from the states you probably might run into people trying to scam you, of a $300 necklace saying it's "handcrafted" and "one of a kind". Lastly don't pull money out in the open unless you want to get trampled over.

#2 I absolutely cannot stand hot weather so I don't think I'd like spending time there. But I love my entire family, whenever my parents come back from a short trip there they have nothing but good things to say about the people there, customs, and food. I always ask someone to grab me some clothes there, it's so cheap and chic!

#3 $1 here is worth a fortune there, if you walk into the right shop then your in for a shopping spree for the latest fashion trends from Singapore. Meaning: the cutest bags, clothes, shoes, and jewelery.
(remember to do a quality check before you buy anything, and higher end locations will have better quality goods.)

-A very good learning experience, it shows you how lucky you are to live in the US while others are living a hardworking lifestyle just to afford the basics of life.

-Eatting new yummy foods.
My favorites: Pho and Goi Cuon.

"pho" (not pronounced "foe" but the "f" sound in fun and the "uh" sound in duh), it's a traditional noodle soup.

Goi Cuon, is Spring rolls! A thin rice wrap that has noodles, fresh vegtables, and usually shrimp, pork, fish or beef in them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment