Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Quality off-road bmx bike?




saitellite


I want to get a bike that can handle off-road trail and non-trail riding, jumps and various tricks but so far I only know about street bikes. When I was a kid I took my huffy on the dirt track and she handled pretty well, of course she was totally not meant for off-roading but I was just a kid so ..any suggestions?


Answer
Well those are two completely different bikes. But mountain biking is a lot in the tires, so if you get big tread-ed tires you'll get grip on trails. I have a kinda junky 26" Genesis mt. bike from WalMart but that won't handle tricks although I do wheelies and small jumps/drop-offs. If your doing serious Mt. biking you'll need full suspension and gears but you'll never find that stuff on a BMX bike. I would just get new tires on a BMX bike and then your will be able to do trails but it won't be good at off road.

But then again it's just a bike and if it peadles then nothing else really matters, I've seen people take racing bikes on tough trails where it was hard for nice moutain bikes.

But if you really want both just get two bikes.

Question about a 24" kids bike?







What is a better bike? Trek,betFuji,or Giant. Or is there anything better than all three of these bikes


Answer
There is no "best". It's all personal preference. As long as you stick with quality bikes from real bike shops - within the same price range - they will ALL be of similar if not equal quality. Extensively test ride several. The one that "feels" the best & rides the best to you - buy it.

I like Raleigh bicycles...you may not. Check them out too. There's also Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, etc., etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment