Friday, February 7, 2014

Is it legal for a kid to ride a home made motorized bicycle?




Simon


My friend and i are working on building a motorized bike with a Schwinn Chopper bike and a weed-eater motor (25 cc) and we are wandering if we can legally ride it on public streets.
I live in Florida



Answer
This all depends on your local laws. You don't say where you live so I can't give a specific answer.

In some locations you can ride a motorized bicycle on the street if the engine can not move the bicycle faster than 20 MPH.

Other locations don't allow this at all.

If you live in the United States see the link below. Click on your state. Find the link for "Other Types". This will give you information on the scooter and moped laws in your state. These laws will also usually have information about motorized bicycles.

Are the kids in Japan spoiled?




Dyana


What kind of cars do kids in Japan drive? and what age do they get their first car? I heard that alot of them spend alot of money on designer clothes and gadgets....


Answer
It depends on a family. All Japanese people are not rich. But that doesn't mean that they can't send their kids to, for example, America to have them study in a four year college because the tuition in America is not that bad. Usually people in the middle class can afford to send their kids to overseas.

Anyway, usually many kids in the middle class get a part time job when they are in a high school. But the reason why they get the job is that they want to buy something for themselves: designer brand wallets, designer brand handbags, latest gadets and so on. But the high school that I went to didn't allow students to get a part-time job so I couldn't work. So when I needed money to buy something, I just asked my mom to give me some money.

And normally, Japanese kids can't drive their car until they turn 18 years old because of the law. But of course some rich kids get their first car before they turn 18. My friend's brother got his first car when he was 17 years old. And it was a brand new Mercedes Benz. But my friend's parents are rich so I don't want you to think that all Japanese kids get that kind of car as their first car. Well, usually lots of Japanese kids take a bus and train and/or ride a bicycle. That's the typical transportation for many Japanese kids and actually adult people, too.

But because they don't own a car, they have money to buy designer brand stuff. It's not uncommon to see Japanese people who take a bus and train and ride a bicycle carry designer brand stuff.

And usually many Japanese people get their first car after they turn 18 or 20 years old or after they are obviously permitted lawfully to get their driver's license. Well, I actually don't have a driver's license in Japan because it's very expensive to get a driver's licence there. But since I'll live in the states for the rest of my life( or maybe I'm going to live in a different country??? I don't know...), I don't really need a driver's licence there but here in the states where I could get my driver's licence for $20 dollars( well..I got my driver's license more than 10 years ago...). Anyway, my brother took his driver's license before he graduated from a four year college in Tokyo and it cost him about $3000 dollars. So getting a driver's licence is not cheap in Japan. That's why, some people who can't afford to get a driver's licence don't have a car but take a bus and train and/or ride a bicycle. And typical Japanese college students from the middle class don't own a car but a bicycle or moped.

And two of the most popluar cars among young adults these days in Japan are Toyota Corolla and Honda Fit. But I want you to know that a typical middle class family owns only one or two cars since they usually don't have a house with a huge parking space ( well, if one household has more than one car or two cars, that means their adult kids still live with them or they usually have a job that needs tracks and/or vans or they live in a country side where more parking space is available for cheaper prices or they are farmers).

Anyway, my answer for your question is that typical Japanese kids from the middle class are not spoiled but rich kids are usually spoiled.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment