Sunday, February 2, 2014

What age are those toddler bikes for?

Q.


Answer
Are you talking about a 12 inch bike? A 12" bike are for ages 2-5, obvioulsy you will need to buy a set of training wheels.

My toddler refuses to pedal his bike?

Q. My son just turned 3 and I bought him a bike with training wheels. We've tried a few times to practice pedaling but he refuses. Mostly I just push him around on the bike so he can get used to steering. He's mastered the steering part but still won't try to pedal. My grandmother had knee surgery and has an excersise pedal thing (lol I don't know what it's called) and I have my son sit in a chair and pedal that way so he knows what to do. He will pedal on the excersise thing but not at all on his bike. I need help because I'm really getting frustrated and I just want him to at least TRY. It doesn't help that I'm 8 months pregnant trying to push him on this bike


Answer
Take the pedals & training wheels OFF. Have him practice pushing the bike around (especially on a slight downhill grade) and balancing. When he can coast downhill & keep his balance - he's ready to have the pedals re-installed. And he learned how to ride WITHOUT training wheels. See video on link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRk1xZbahf0




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment