Sunday, February 2, 2014

Good beginners dirt bike-Kid?




Jus1oftheb


I'm trying to help a friend out. His kid wants a dirt bike and with the holidays coming up he has started looking into it. His son is 10 y.o. and is about 5 ft. tall around 100lbs. (I'm sure about the age but the height and weight is my best guess) His father was talking about a PW80 but I was thinking that might be a little to small but I also think that a 125cc might be to much. he doesn't have any experience riding a motorized bike up until now he's just had a bicycle. I was thinking maybe a XR 100 or TT-R 90 or something like that. He's looking for a good used one. Just looking for suggestion on a good starter bike for a kid.
Thanks
I appreciate all the reply's. he is still looking but I'm sure that he'll find something in time for the holidays.



Answer
CRF100F, or a few years back it was a XR100, would be a good bike for him. it has a clutch but is very easy to ride if you think a 125 would be to much

What is a good age for kids to start riding their bike?




Nicnac


What age do u think a child should be taught to ride a bike with training wheels? without training wheels?
What age do u think is appropriate for a kid to ride their bike into town with an adult or an older kid like a teenager maybe?
What age do u think is appropriate for a kid to be able to ride a bike downtown themselves?

any other thoughts about kids riding bikes?



Answer
it varies and depends how motivated the child is. my kids started riding w/ training wheels at 3 and w/o between 4 and 6 (some of my kids were more cautious and others were more motivated). they biked into town (maybe 4 miles for us) with an adult from about 5 or 6. as for by themselves, they haven't yet. my oldest is 10 and she sometimes bikes short distances around the neighborhood with a friend.

other thoughts: helmets are not optional. (speaking as someone who got a concussion riding my bike!)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment