Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What is the best type of bike to put a baby seat on?




pinky


I am not comfortable putting the baby seat on the back but since they have the ones where my son can be in front of me, I was just wondering which type of bike works best. Thanks!


Answer
Not sure that I would use any seat where the child would be sitting on the bike itself. There are several good trailers that are on the market that I would feel much better about my kids in. I purchased a Burley brand trailer with no regrets. It is very stable and if I wreck my bike the trailer arm compensates so that the kids don't flip also. Not sure how old your son is but that would play a big part in what you buy also. Shop around and check the local bike shop too. They can be very helpful.

Triathalon BIKE (compare)?




Greg


I am having a little difficulty chosing a TT bike, and i am entry level to triathlons but i am a very good biker so i want the BEST enrty level.

I have narrowed my chioces down to these and i would appreciate help.

2009/2008 Trek Equinox 7
2009 Cervelo P1
2009 Fuji Aloha 1.0
2009 Felt s32
they are all relatively close to the same and some bikes have better things then others.. I am LEANING towards the trek equinox,becasue even though the components arent very good (which i dont mind) I notice the treks frame and seatpost is very aerodynamic, like a carbon model. and the colors are cool. I know the cervelo has alot of great specs and so does the Fuji, and Felt.
Notice that i put *2008/2009 for the trek. that is becase i found that both are very simialr and i could get the 2008 model which is basically the same for a few hundred less.
I KNOW this is long but i would like the help becasue its a very annoying thing debating with myself with no input from other people who also know about bikes



Answer
Personally, I would go with the Cervelo. Although the P1 isn't their best model, their bikes are the most aerodynamic. Cervelo's mission is simply make great aero, light bikes. They don't make any kids bikes or mountain bikes. They are only focused on pure speed. Although the Trek Equinox 7 isn't a bad bike, I would go with the P1 because Cervelo spends by far the most time in the wind tunnel. This is shown by the P4 being the most aero bike on the market.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment