Thursday, May 8, 2014

Eastern Bike bmx bike?




junior


http://www.sunandski.com/Eastern_Bikes_Youth_Lowdown_BMX_Bike_10_p/7710054511000.htm?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7710054511000&Click=282

Is this bike good for a beginner? It looks cool and everything and i've heard that Easterns are a good brand. But i don't know about bikes so can you guys give me an opinion. I want this bike because it's cheap and it looks good and i don't want to spend alot of money since i suck and i don't know how to do tricks and stuff. And does height have to do with what kind of bike i should get Or can you guys recommend any good bikes for beginners.



Answer
That bike is actually just plain terrible. Full hi-tensile, big gearing, and it even has ONE PIECE CRANKS.

Eastern low end bikes are nearly as bad as Walmart bikes. Even their top end bikes are okay. They put the importance of weight in front of strength, so their parts break at least twice as much as Sunday, Kink, etc.

NEVER buy a bike off of looks. You will regret it. The minium features you want to see are...

-Main or full chromo frame, bars, and fork.
-Sealed headset, bottom bracket, and hubs.
-3-piece cranks.

Think of it this way: What happens if you do want to continue and get better? You will spend around $1500 making this bike good. Or you can spend $400 now to get a 2012 Kink Whip, and only have to buy new grips and tires. Sure you might want to replace some things, but the things on the Eastern will break A LOT.

My son is interested in youth bike racing (BMX. How do I get him involved?




TXMKchic





Answer
Go to either one of the below web sites and find a track near your home - there is a search "find a track" on the sites. These are the two largest organizations involved in BMX racing. I cannot stress safety enough in this sport and I highly advise buying a chest protector, and I don't care what anyone says. Chest trauma with a handlebar or pedal from another bike can be very dangerous in BMX. I saw a a real super star rider get slammed in the chest with a pedal and he wasn't wearing chest protection (plain ignorance on the parents part). I don't care how good or how highly ranked the kid was, accidents happen). My son wore a FOX chest protector and I can't tell you how many times this saved his chest and he walked away uninjured. I would also have him wear eye protection, depending on the condition of the track. People will tell you that they can create an injury, chest protectors. I work as a nurse in an ER, I can't not begin to tell you about chest injuries in sports. BMX racing can be very safe, provided you invest in the protection. It's really helpful to talk with other parents at the track. I find most parents to be eager to help and there are a lot of nice moms involved (and Dad's) in the sport. I just walked up to people and asked questions and the parents at tracks were always great. Also, have him wear gloves. It's a very fun sport and my son had a blast without any injuries, just some scrapes. Many of the tracks offer introductry courses on racing. I think it's great sport. Take care




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment