Sunday, April 13, 2014

16 year old kid getting first road bike.?




Richard


im turning 16 in about a month and was looking into getting a street bike. I have been riding dirt bike for a little over 3 years now and have ridden a street bike once. i am debating on getting either an R6, GSX-R750 or an R1. everyone i know that has had a 600cc sold it within 2 years for a bigger bike. i dont kno what to do. Most likely i will get it brand new.(no i am not a spoiled rotten little kid either im paying for it my self). and im not the type of kid to stunt the bike either. im very aware of the dangers of riding. So can you help me out... 600cc bike or go all out and get the 1000cc bike?


Answer
Read the below articles. If you still think you want a sports bike you're just another idiot who gets to much bike to fast.

Sorry man, it's the truth. If you are serious about riding you will take the time to acquire the skill needed. You don't have that skill yet. If you think you do it goes to show you don't know what you don't know.

Cheap Road bike?




Kristie L


Hi,
I need a road bike for an 18 mile race two weeks away. Other than that I will use it on a bike path and the road about 2 miles at a time. I really want a cheap bike, no more than $300. But now that Iâm researching, the one bike I thought I would get, the GMC Denali Women's Road Bike, people say itâs not a good bike. I cannot spend a lot of money. What will work? I really donât like that straight bar from the handle to the seat. Can I get away with a more angled bar? As a kid, I remembered borrowing a âboysâ bike and finding that bar annoying.

Also, this is a triathlon I doing. I will swim ½ mile first. I donât care about time or winning, as long as Iâm within what they allow. I just want to cross the finish line. I noticed that they sell triathlon suits good for all three parts of the race. Do people really leave a wet suit on for biking or do some people change into dry clothes? Is a wet bathing suit really uncomfortable will biking, running?

Thank you.



Answer
The Denali you mentioned is not a very good bike, I've seen them at Wally Mart ... BUT if you will hardly ride it then sure it's fine to get, it will work and for the ocassional 15 minute ride it's more than fine. Really cheap road bikes are very hard to find.

Many bikes are sold with a sloping top tubes now. The top tube slopes down towards the seat. That could be an option in many brands of bikes.

Isn't there anyway you could borrow a bike for this one time event? 18 miles isn't very long and to buy a bike that you really won't use seems a waste. Some bike shops will rent a bike for the day check it out. It just depends where you live. Same thing for the Tri suit. Buy it for a couple hours use? No way. Use a swim suit and you can throw on shorts over it if your modest for the ride/run. Make sure the shorts are NOT cotton, but made of anything that dries fast.

What have you been riding to train for this? You have done a little training??? Maybe?

From what you say this is a one time short Tri you want to do . Very cool, but borrow or rent if you can. Don't buy stuff you'll never use just to look cool. Be happy you want to do this and if you make the cut off Congrates to you.

Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment