Friday, April 18, 2014

my 3 and 1/2 yr old son does not want to wear clothes. also ever since his 1 and a 1/2 yr old sister made a?

Q. deal about his potty training he still wants to use a diaper. how can i get him to wear his clothes?


Answer
My 3 year old does the same thing. I even caught her outside during the summer riding her bike without pants or underwear on! I thought it would get better in the winter, but as we have an infant in the house we have to keep the house warm. It is a struggle everyday for me with her clothes. I do daycare for my sisters 3 kids all under 3 so she will strip down and I wont even notice as I'm involved in the other kids. Lately I've kept a VERY close eye on her, when I notice pants coming off, "no keep them on its cold in the house" or whatever you tell your son. With my daughter I have to be consistent and keep a close eye on her, today we did pretty good. Getting dinner ready I found she had stripped and so told her to put your clothes on so we can sit and eat dinner. We don't want any naked butts at the dinner table" I got an "Ohhhh Ok" like maybe it clicked? Who knows, good luck to you

Destructive 3 year old?

Q. My son is 3 years old, very well behaved. Only downfall with him is that he is very distructive, he like to figure things out on his own. He likes to take anything he can find apart just to figure out how to put it back together, he is so intrigued my electricity we have had to duck tape his outlets in his room because he likes seeing things turn on and off. He has takin out kitchen cupboards apart, he then gets his fisher price tools so "he can fick it". He's takin our vent apart, breaks toys, takes light bulbs out of lights just to screw them back in, taking his bike apart, uses forks to open locked doors (which is one of things me and his father do to keep him locked out of dangerous things). Like I said he's is an amazing well behaved little boy, just very intrigued to find out how things works. We try and keep our eyes on him 24/7 but as other parents will know that sometimes doesn't always happen.. I'm not looking for rude comments just suggestions please! Thank you so much!


Answer
It sounds like your son is very curious. You as his parent will need to be extra vigilant to insure his safety. At your local hardware store there are a lot of safety options including sensors that beep if a door is open. You could try to place these on the tops of the doors that you have been locking so they will alarm if he is able to figure out a way to open them.

In the meantime provide him activities that will keep him busy and interested. Think about things such as Duplos, Kids K'nex, Gears Building Set, and puzzles. When he plays with appropriate toys, praise him and play with him to encourage his interest. When he is playing with something that is inappropriate, consistently provide discipline such as a time out.

The Boys Town National Hotline - 1-800-448-3000 is a parenting hotline. We are here for you anytime you would like to talk.
- SB, Counselor




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment