Sunday, March 2, 2014

Where can I find a toddler bike perfect for an autistic child?

Q. I am looking for a toddler bike for my 4 y/o autistic child. I am hoping to find a bike that has two important things to make teaching him easier. One that there be straps on his pedals and two that the pedals will be "fixed" so that they move while the bike is in motion. We bought him a walmart bike and he sits on it but he doesn't grasp the concept that if you push the pedals the bike will move and not just mommy and daddy doing the pushing. ;) thanks in advance.


Answer
I know that toys r us has toys for special needs kids. I dont' know if they have this particular item, but you can check with them.
Also, check out

http://www.flaghouse.com/search.asp?skw=bike&x=19&y=2

Has anyone tried one of those Strider toddler bikes - without pedals?




Rose Arizo


Wondering if it's a fad, or really is easier for toddlers to get the hang of.


Answer
We are planning on getting one for our 2 yr old...my brother in law is a bike mechanic and says that it teaches balance and most kids can even skip the training wheels.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment