Thursday, March 6, 2014

What age do kids normally learn to ride a bike without training wheels?




Jazmyn


My daughter is almost 7 and doesn't know how and is scared she will fall. I'm just trying to figure out if she is behind other kids.


Answer
It is just fine that kids are learning at 4 or 5, but 7 is not too old either. There are so many factors, most of which are exposure and opportunity, that come into play. The avid rider's kids may ride much more often than someone else's so that one kid has 40 hours on a bike by age 4 when it takes another child to age 7 to get 40 hours. My main point is not to be concerned with being behind; many kids learn up to age 9, with the average age being around 6.
If her fear is really preventing her from trying, suit her up with helmet, elbow and knee pads. Tap the pads while on her so that she can know what it feels like. Be silly about tapping the pads, like it hurt your finger or something.

I want to get started ridding bikes with my son.?




robert r


My son want to start riding a bike with me ( great information about kids first bike on the Forum). He all set up in the bike department now. I want to get off the couch and join him. I don't know to much about bikes. Last time,I was on one was 25 yrs ago. I want simple. I never got the hang of shifting gears and the suspension on this bikes. I'm 6' 3", I would any suggestions.


Answer
Head to your local bike shop and pick up a cruiser-style bike. They're quite popular among casual cyclists of all ages, they're more comfortable than a race bike, and you don't have to worry about shifting gears, as most of them are singlespeed. And even the expensive models aren't all that pricey. Riding with a small child, you probably don't need a lot of high-speed gear ratios anyway.
The seating position allows you to plant your feet firmly on the ground, so you can help your son out without dismounting, and the comfortable upright position will also enable you to keep a close eye on the little guy.
Your local bike shop will be able to answer any questions, and help you with choosing a suitable bike for your needs, size, and budget.
Remember to get well-fitting helmets for both of you, too.

By the way, a cruiser comes in handy for running to the store to pick up "beverages."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment