Saturday, March 8, 2014

tag along with existing kids bike?




Kilino9


I saw on the street a kids bike attached to an adult's bike with a sort of a tag along pipe kind of a thing. Does anybody know where to buy it or what it is called


Answer
There are two different types. One is called a Tag A Long that is made to attach to the seat post of an adult bike and the other is a boom type device that lifts the front wheel of the childs bike off the ground. The tag a long is a much better design.

Do a Google seach for.
Tag a Long
Wee Ride
Bike trailer

You can them about anywhere.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wee-Ride-Co-Pilot-Child-Trainer/9870514

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=tag+along+bike&revid=1634490093&ei=jbHtS563GoaBlAe-lsC0CA&sa=X&oi=revisions_narrow&resnum=4&ct=revision&ved=0CCwQ3gIwAw&fp=e64858094bfd2093

Edit;

Here is the tail gater tow bar.

http://www.trail-gator.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=trail+gator+bicycle+tow+bar&tag=yahhyd-20&index=aps&hvadid=31388808011&ref=pd_sl_1g7qe7nxdd_e

College kid looking for a bike?




chemkid212


I'm a girl moving to Austin next year to go to St. Edward's University. My parents can't really afford to let me take my car with me, and we're going to get me a bike to use around the city. Austin has quite a few hills, but it's a really, really bike-friendly town. There are bike lanes and bike racks everywhere.
I'm looking for something not too fancy or high-tech (I'm not a crazy athletic cycler or anything), something great for riding around town, and good for hills. My budget is about $300-400 max, and I'll need something that lasts. Any suggestions to help get the job done?



Answer
I would suggest a touring bike is more suitable for college minus the use of a car.
http://www.downtheroad.org/Equipment/Bikes/Touring_Bicycle.htm
Things have changed greatly since my days at the University, but we used to have to carry big books around that seemingly weighed a thousand pounds and cost a thousand dollars a pop. You may think I am exaggerating but college has built its endowments on students carrying books to class. As a college student you will need to carry other items beyond books. I can't think of a better device than a touring bike. Its not necessary that you have all of the brackets protruding with nothing to do, but having the capability to carry things is makes this choice a best buy. I would check at a bicycle store, Craigs list and bicycle news papers to purchase a used touring bike. You need a serviceable bicycle with gears, sturdy, something with a robust build to withstand the elements for years to come. A touring bike would best suit you.

I wish you well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment