Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What kind of Triathlon Bike should I get?




Ron B


I am 15 looking to participate in my first sprint Triathlon. I want a bike to use because mine is an old kids mountain bike. Also i'm not looking to spend a fortune on a bike like $300 or less. Everyone I can find is like thousands of dollars. Can you help me find a good triathlon bike that won't leave me broke.


Answer
Ron

Most tri riders use road bikes. Some will bolt on a pair of aero bars to make them a little more tri friendly. So, you my friend, are looking for a used road bike on Craig's list, classifieds, or at a local bike shop.

Can't you borrow a road bike from a friend for the day?

Soccerref

Good quality flat bar road bike?




eaton4c


I'm looking for a good quality flat bar road bike to use in a triathlon and to ride around with my kids. I have my eye on a Specialized Vita or Sirrus, or a Giant Dart. Are these decent bikes for what I need to do? Any other suggestions? Thank you!


Answer
eaton

If you are really going to get into tri's, then you will kick yourself in the butt for not getting a drop bar bike. So, unless you can afford another bike... or are not going to do the tr'is... choose wisely.

Soccerref




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment