Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Do you think cyclists should be allowed on the sidewalk (NYC)?




Yoshi


I do.

Teenagers don't belong in the road where they can easily be struck by a car or crash into a door. Teens are much safer (and adults as well) on the sidewalk. It's common sense to slow down if pedestrians are in your way, so I don't see cyclists on the sidewalks being a threat to anyone. Drivers on the streets are a much bigger threat to us.
In neighborhood areas, not in the city itself.
May, you idiot, I said "and adults as well".



Answer
Absolutely not, sidewalks are for pedestrians. If the road is too dangerous for kids and teens, walk. There is very little "Common Sense" being exercised today, especially by young people who apparently either failed to learn or were insufficiently instructed in courtesy and respect for the rights and safety of others. The other day I walked out the door of a bike shop and a kid, about 16-17 came flying by on a bike and brushed me with his handlebars as he passed and then flipped me the finger. No No No, no bikes on sidewalks, especially in the city.

Best Time to go to NYC?




avrod


When is the best time to visit NYC and Boston? Is January a bad time? I heard there's lots of snow storms during that period. But the only time I can travel is December-January. What can I do during the winter months in NY n Boston?


Answer
NYC is awsome. Especially if u live in a small town like I do. I have been out there 4 times and I always had something to do. Ice Skating, Rockefeller, Time Square is awsome to see at night. TRL if u sign up online u can make plans to be in the audience its free. If u go to the statue of liberty and want to take the cruise I would go online to the site and book 3 days ahead of time otherwise if u just want to see it from the view and dont want to go into the museum take the Staten Island ferry it takes u right by there. Central Park is really nice to see but u need a whole day to go through it and to see everything. took me from 11am til 5pm from top to bottom. they have these bike ppl that will take u through, its not that expensive and they show u popular places like the fountain on friends and where the bridge is at in Home alone 2 lost in new york and other places that was cool. If u r going to be there for a couple weeks and want to see everything u should get the NYC pass there are two different ones and u will have to go on the NYC site but its the cheapest way to get into everything. I wanted to go to the top of the tower but never made it there. The wax museum was cool. The beach at coney Island was nice. The world trade center was sad and there is a church there that was nice but emotional. If u do go out there, i wouldnt drive coz u can get the metro pass and u can take any subway train or bus anywhere in NYC and surrounding areas, it will get u anywhere and u can get a 7 day unlimited for $27 i think it was. Parking is outrageous. If u go plan to take some money coz u r gonna want to spend and nothing is that cheap. Dont eat at the chinese place at the rockefeller yeck it was gross, if u like chinese food and want good food go to Flushing Queens or there is a place on Canal Street but I dont know address. Pizzaria was a good place to eat pizza and that was in Woodhaven BLVD.
In boston we went whale watching and that was cool but it is only during certain months and I went in August.
It is really cold there in the winter. one day it was sunny and during the night they got like 4 feet of snow or more last year in just hours.. i couldnt believe it. There is just so much to do. I walked all over NYC so many shops.
It was great I think u will like it. Its not that hard to find things and to get around once u get there and see how things are. I went my first time alone and it was pretty simple. You will have a blast. If it wasnt for me having kids I would move there. Take care and best wishes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment