Friday, March 28, 2014

Best Road Biking Gear ?




meeeee!


My dad is an avid biker.
However, he is sacrificial and never buys anything for himself, only for his family, so he has done without the legitimate biking gear for years.

This Christmas, I want to hook him up with some legitimate gear!

It's cooler where I live, so I know he definitely needs some biking pants, a jacket, and like, biking glasses (he always rides with sunglasses, but I want him to have the legitimate gear) (:

Any other suggestions, please suggest away!

I need help!
Thanks so much!
(if you provide links, it would be greatly appreciated!)



Answer
You sound like my kids. I'm congenitally cheap. I do get legitimate gear, but I lean towards the sale bins and closeouts, while my kids get me the good stuff that I would never buy for myself. Yes, its always appreciated.

Some thoughts: Shoes are good, but you can't buy them online, since sizes and fit are all over the place even among different models from the same brand.

Gloves are always good. If you're dad's putting in any kind of miles, he's wearing out gloves constantly. Tights, jerseys, underarmour (I like that better than bike specific base layers)

Here's my favorite place for a variety of jerseys. They have other stuff as well. If you get lucky and find what you need in their closeout section, you can be stylish AND frugal.

http://www.primalwear.com/

The other place I get most of my bike stuff:

http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories_10052_10551_-1?

Then of course there's your friendly LBS (local bike shop).

fastest road bike?




James


What is the fastest or best road bike for under $500?


Answer
Not the right wording on the question cause I can take a 100 dollar wallyworld bike and be faster than all the other people I ride with. Got 4 people who won't ride with me unless Im pulling my double bike trailer with my two kids in it. So I think you should ask

"What is the best road bike I can buy for under 500 bucks."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment