Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What type of bike should I buy?

best kids mountain bike reviews on Image of Apex Full Face Youth Helmet
best kids mountain bike reviews image



Ben


I lost my old bike when i moved (even though, now it would be too small for me to use). I'm 13 year old boy and i'm bigger than most kids my age. I want to save up money to buy a new bike. I'll ride the bike around my neighborhood which doesn't have many steep hills or anything like that. So which type of bike should i buy and about how much would it cost?


Answer
Ben,

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/navigator/navigator_1_0
What you plan to do is admirable. Set a dollar goal and spend within what you can afford. I think you should consider getting a Trek or Specialized bike because their local bike shops are accessible pretty much anywhere in the United States, which comes in handy. A single speed bike can be a good choice because not much can go wrong when your bike is simple. You can get more bike new, getting a single speed. You can get used off of Craigs list. In either case adult presence will serve you best. Single speed bikes can be road based or offroad. Road bikes are more towards speed, handling and opportunity to hot rod. Mountain bikes tend to be heavier with knobby tires. They are best suited for trails though they can be fitted for on-road use. A good cross between mountain bike and commuter bike would be the Trek Navigator. I have ridden this bike, its fun.

My suggestion is to read all you can about the Trek Navigator. Then look at other brands and compare. Trek's consumer reviews are an easy find, others not so much. Check with your parent(s) then ask a leader at a church/temple or mosque if you can work and earn money for a bike. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Best.

Best place to buy a bicycle online?




Rick


I realize that the best place to buy a bike would be from a local bike shop, but the closest shop is more than fifty miles away from me and I have no way of getting there. The only alternative would be to buy a pre-assembled bike from Wal-Mart which I'd never do for obvious reasons. So does anyone know of a good place to buy a bike online? I'd rather pay extra and receive a properly assembled and calibrated bike by post.


Answer
Amazon.com I would say would be the best place. You can look at what others reviewed about the bikes and you can also get a warranty. I have an older model of this bike that's on Amazon and it's amazing!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008O2FUNS/gepcpr-20

The Diamondback Brand Mountain Bike really will just glide under your feet and absorb the bumbs, it's worth every penny!

You can also check out your local pawnshops, but I would look into the ones near the college campuses. Here in Austin, TX the ones near the campuses have brand new bikes kids pawned off to get beer money and party supplies.. or bills had to be paid.

Happy Hunting! ^_^




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment