Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tips for babysitting 6 children with a friend?

best toddler girl bike on bike-girls-08_0
best toddler girl bike image



Julia


Hi I am 15 years old and I was asked to babysit 6 children, and to ask a friend. I asked my family friend who is 19 years old so both of us will be babysitting the kids.
The ages are 7, 5.5, two 4.5, 2.5, and 10 months old.
Only two of the kids are girls.
Supposedly they are all easy children.

Any tips to handling everyone? Activities we could do to keep the busy, etc? How to stay organized?



Answer
First of all, I would split up the kids. For instance, I would take the kids that are 4.5-7 (all of whom should be more independent), and I'd ask the other sitter to take the 2.5 year old and the 10 month old. You could also ask the other sitter to take the 4.5 year old, leaving you with the 5 and 7 year olds. Or vice versa (you could take the younger ones). I prefer caring for the older children, so I have listed for you the way I would go about this.

If you are caring for the infant and the toddler, you'll want to make sure that you are watching them around the clock, and keeping them happy. Play with toys, get down on the floor, be interactive.

For the older kids...it really varies on "handling them". Do these children get along with one another? That is usually the biggest problem...sibling rivalry. I usually bring along with me board games, crafts, and maybe a ball.

This one ball can be used for indoor games like monkey in the middle, silent ball, or even hot potato; and also the typical outdoor games. Crafts can be whatever you want to make out of them. With that many children, I'd keep it simple. I bought a great "Spin Art" kit from Meijer which was a huge hit. I also like the "Color Wonder" paints (no mess!), though crafts are endless in possibilities.

How will the weather be? With four kids, tag is great. As is hide and seek (which can also be played indoors). Then of course there are the typical outdoor games (Football, etc.). Ride bikes, shoot hoops, possibly put together a scavenger hunt.

Also if you are indoors with the older kids, you could always make a fort! They normally LOVE that!

Of course keep all of the children fed and well cared for. If this runs into the evening, I usually would bring the kids in and calm them down an hour or two before bed time. Watch a movie. That is a great way for the kids to unwind and get prepared for bed. Read books to any children that request it, and get them to bed! Once they are sleeping soundly, enjoying the rest of the evening for yourself, but be sure to check on the kids frequently.

Best of luck, and have fun!!!

~ Kris

What does your toddler want from Santa for Christmas?




gg


Lol...my daughter is 22 months. She is constantly saying that if she is a good girl, Santa will bring her:

1. A bike, and
2. Grapes!

Lol...got any funny stories?



Answer
My son almost three wants a little tikes piano from santa and gordon (thomas the tank engine train) and some more train tracks. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the rest b/c he thinks that is all he's getting. He doesn't realize mommy and daddy buy for him as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment