Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How to calm my nervous horse on out rides?

best bikes for kids on Best Kids BMX Bikes - Cheap or Used in All Sizes - InfoBarrel
best bikes for kids image



Kai


II bought a 7 year old mare from a farmer who used her for general farm work. She has a big scar in the front of her chest and is a little sensitve on this. I think that she might have ran into wire as she was living on a cattle farm. Other than that, she has not been mistreated or hurt. She was sleeping in the veld and slept inside a stable for the first time in Nov when I bought her. She has a lovely personality. She doesnt bite, kick, buck except se might be a bit lazy. She goes like a dream when I work her in my grass arena.I've noticed that she also freezes when there are something funny/new, like the fly masks or having a blanket on. With the blanket, she frose for about 10 min while I put it on and fixed the buckles all while talking to her like I do normally. After a while she relaxes and starts eating her hay again. I have no problem after this and she wears her blanket without a problem. My problem is out rides. She gets very nervous. And not with the usual bikes, kids, motor bikes, cars ect. My friend rides with on her TB and he gets a little strung up every now and then. Funny thing is, this is when she is calm. She just ignores him and will even pass him and cary on walking. She gets nervous when there are other horses around like the neighbours horses comming to the fence to say hi. This is when she freezes. When I push her forward, she backs up and then wants to run. Luckly I've stopped her but then she is really nervous and starts shaking. A friend sugessted I get of and lead her pass the scarry things. I cant get off because when she "unfreeze" she backs up and she pulls me into the air and then she is really nervous. As long as I ride her, I can manage her and she calms down much easier. I've tried leaving her untill she "unfreezes" herself but this takes a while sometime and this make me nervous. She is 15.3h and I'm tall but she still manage to drag me off my feet when she spooks. Andy ideas how to fix this?


Answer
Hi my horse is seven and was scared when trail riding. I had my mum or friend lead her past them when I was still on the horse. Hope I helped bye

Are 50cc gas powered dirt bikes legal for kids aged 13?




William


I'm 13 years old, I've been thinking about getting a gas powered dirt bike for kids, there are trails about 40 blocks away from my house, I plan on riding there, doing a jumps, and riding back. Is it legal to do that?


Answer
XYZ is correct as are the others.
Your parent will have to haul the bikes the 40 blocks to the trails. You cannot operate this on the road. Illegal.
I will give you credit for asking before making the decision to spend money on a motorized toy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment