Thursday, January 9, 2014

What is the best bike trailer for me?

best kids bike trailer on Bicycle Trailers & Accessories for Kids | Trails.com
best kids bike trailer image



Rocka


I have a 2yr old, and a 10 month old. I need a cart that is light weight, folds easy and is easy to clean. I live on the second floor which means that I have to completely take apart my whole set-up each time I ride. Ease of use is huge, and I intend on upgrading the inner tubes to the ones that are already filled with Green Goob and guaranteed not to go flat. If you have two kids and you like to ride, I would like to hear what brand and model of cart you have. What do you NOT like about your cart? Also, what do you LOVE about your cart? What is the function that you do not want to go without?
I am hoping that I will be able to get a bike trailer in the next couple of weeks and I would really like to get the one that will work best for me. Also, if you have any pointers I would love for you to pass them along too.
Thank you for your time, I look forward to your great ideas and comments.
I would like to know if anyone out there has seen a trailer that holds two kids, but instead of having them side by side, they are one in front of each other.



Answer
Chariot Carriers seem to be the industry leader. Lots of different models to choose from as well. Visit the website, then find a dealer who will demonstrate how fast they assemble/disassemble, how safe they are and the different options you can get with them. Might just replace your current stroller.

Is there an infant seat system for bike trailers?




Arwen


Years ago we sold our car to get a slower lifestyle in our suburban town, and for 10 years we lived by bike and bus. We used the bike for short trips and for going places the bus didn't go. At the time the bus service didn't run on Sundays or holidays, so if we wanted to go anywhere, we had to take the bikes.

At the time we had three children - age 7, 4.5 and a newborn. The 7 year old rode his own bike, the 4.5 year old rode behind his dad on a trail-a-bike, and we jury-rigged an old infant seat into a bike trailer for the infant. I also carried all our groceries in that trailer, and once, a door (without the baby!). Eventually they all rode their own bikes, but it started this way.

My brother's wife is about to have a kid, and I want to give them a bike trailer to go riding with their new baby.

Has anyone invented/marketed a better system for infants in bike trailers? If so, what bike trailer does it work with, and where can I get it?



Answer
Most bike systems are designed for babies 9 months and over. It's an issue of being able to hold their heads up enough to prevent the sort of jostling that biking creates. Even a carseat in a bike trailer, isn't secure enough to hold them steady, especially not in the case of a spill or accident. I also wanted something for our five month old to use with our bikes in the spring, but no such luck. Now she's 16 months, and we've gotten her a bike seat.

I think maybe just buy them a bike trailer and let them decide what they are going to do to. It might've been a risk you and your husband were willing to take, but each parent should decide for themselves.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment