Sunday, January 5, 2014

How should I train for the Iron Kids triathlon?

best kids bikes age 8 on 81DPQ5LwGRL._SL200__BO1,0,0,0_PA8,8,8,8_.jpg
best kids bikes age 8 image



Alyssa


I will be competing in the Hy-Vee Iron Kids triathlon on August 14. For my age division, I need to swim 300 yards, bike 8 miles, and run 2 miles. I would like to start training next week. How far or how long should I swim, bike, and/or run each day? And, how much distance/time should I add to each workout every week? I won't be able to practice swimming until July 15. I can bike and run daily, either indoors (on an elliptical or stationary bike) or outdoors.
Also, what foods should I avoid and which ones should I try to eat more of?



Answer
Go to this site.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/

Do you think a child of 8 can be in too many activities?




Sunny


My friend has signed her daughter up for hockey, dirt biking, softball ect... I appreciate that she wants her daughter to be active.She thinks this will keep her daughter out of trouble in the future. I just wonder sometimes if her daughter is over doing activities. At age 8 they have homework ect... I think sometimes a child might be over stimulated by so much activity.Her daughter feels she always has to be doing something, even when she's not doing her activities that I listed. What do you think?


Answer
Well I think a child or adult at any age can get overwhelmed and involved in too much. We live in a society where parents think that if their kids aren't involved they won't have good socialization skills or learn teamwork or sportmanship- etc. This is a bunch of bunk.

I don't believe in having more than one major thing going on at one time. Let them pick something they are interested in and put all their heart and soul into that one thing.

It certainly is not gonna make them more diverse because they are involved in more or make them a better child or keep them out of trouble.

Children that are rushed and are involved in too many things tend to not know how to settle down and be quiet and enjoy life as it comes. They feel like they have to always be doing something. Can you say STRESS!! Yes our kids feel stress too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment