Thursday, October 17, 2013

Would a bike trailer work with a cruiser?

best kids bikes with gears on STEVE'S CYCLES - Chanterlands Ave, Hull, Yorkshire - Road Bikes ::
best kids bikes with gears image



Tessa


I want to get a cruiser bike, but I want to get a trailer too to pull the kids along in. Would that be a good idea, or should I get a bike with gears? I live in FL so it is really flat land.


Answer
Most bike trailers have a clamp that affixes the bike to your trailer. So, attaching a trailer will be no problem.

Pulling a trailer may be an issue, though. You'll find the additional weight of your kids will make it harder to pedal your bike. Depending on your strength and the weight of your kids this may or may not be a problem. With a geared bike you have the ability to compensate for the added weight by shifting to a lower gear.

Also, depending on the design of your comfort bike you may not be in a good posture for efficient pedaling. (Road, mountain and hybrid bikes put you in a more efficient position with your weight more over the pedals and allowing full extension of your legs.)

Finally, if your bike does not have a front brake, I'd be pretty concerned about stopping with the added weight of your kids. A front brake provides vastly more stopping power than a rear brake. You will, of course, have the added weight of the trailer and your kids on the rear wheel, so performance may not be too bad, but when I need and want to stop, I want to have a front brake.

Hope this helps.

How is it legal for the city to come on your property and take everything you own.?




Keith


I live in a small town in Kansas and the city came in and took everything that I owned and tossed it away like trash, I had 3 pickup trailers full of iron to take to scrap yard one was hooked up to my pickup,they took my push mowers,weed eaters, iron racks full of new metal, 2 tire racks full of new and used tires, pickup tool boxes with tools, my cutting torch and cart, rotor tillers, and riding lawn mowers, trash can cart, lawn and garden tools, log splitter, pull camper used for storage, tool shed, oilfield tools and pumps, fencing and poles, firewood, wood burning heater for my house, fuel tank, ladder for shop, row boat no motor on it and fishing gear,tail gate for my truck, if it was outside they took, plus wifes garden hose, and my kids bikes, an mini bike, took my fence down and drove in the yard with big trucks and tractors, 6 sheets of new 1/4 inch steel 2'by6',


Answer
This doesn't happen without notifying you.

I'm sure the town has warned you several times of a thing such as a blight ordinance, and that if you didn't clean it up, they would.

You would have had plenty of time to haul those trailers to the scrap yard to turn them. Among other things.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment